PO: CHVRCHES - The Bones Of What You Believe

Went to see them last night @ Terminal 5, in hopes of picking up the vinyl at the merch table. All they had was the cd. Has anyone got confirmation that their preorder has shipped yet from Amazon?

My preorder shipped as well, and I also saw them last night at T5. Awesome show, not my favorite venue though. Glad I get to see them again in Oakland in November.

Guest crazybeats

I got mine this morning from Amazon, the inner sleeve is very similar to the one used for the Gun 12" single. No lyrics or anything, heavy black vinyl and the label is the same as the bootleg so I guess the bootleg probably is official. Nice sounding record too.

Guest crazybeats

Of course there was, I buy tons of bootleg singles every month due to labels not pressing 12" singles anymore and during that time I have gotten albums too like Akon's Freedom, just last month Tupac Resurrection Instrumentals, tons of Elvis stuff, compilations, EPs, i pay £6-£9 for these and they suit me just as good as anything official.

Here is some I've yet to pick up but am waiting for the price to drop.

Ke$ha - C'mon (Clear vinyl)

http://www.juno.co.uk/products/cmon/493913-01/

Rihanna - Pour It Up (Red vinyl)

http://www.juno.co.uk/products/pour-it-up/486608-01/

Avicii - Levels

http://www.globalgroove.co.uk/electro/avicii/levels-a68001.html

I got mine this morning from Amazon, the inner sleeve is very similar to the one used for the Gun 12" single. No lyrics or anything, heavy black vinyl and the label is the same as the bootleg so I guess the bootleg probably is official. Nice sounding record too.

amazon UK or US?

Guest crazybeats

Amazon UK. I had a months free trial of Amazon Prime so on Friday I changed my delivery method to the one day delivery and they sent an email yesterday saying it would be delivered today and it was! Also got Birdy's album Fire Within. Both came with little download cards but because I got them with Amazon, Amazon let me download the album for free as part of their own Amazon rip service.

What I liked about that was the Birdy album I got, which came out today too, is just regular 11 tracks on vinyl but Amazon let me download the Deluxe version for free!

Of course there was, I buy tons of bootleg singles every month due to labels not pressing 12" singles anymore and during that time I have gotten albums too like Akon's Freedom, just last month Tupac Resurrection Instrumentals, tons of Elvis stuff, compilations, EPs, i pay £6-£9 for these and they suit me just as good as anything official.

I never seen a bootleg of an album come out right before a vinyl version of the album was about to drop. I didn't think this wasn't a legit release for a second. Especially since other artists have been doing it the past year or so.

Guest crazybeats

The album has been online for weeks now, it wouldn't have taken much to get some bootlegs pressed up in time for the official release. I do have to say I love that style of presentation. Ah it takes me to the good old days which died off in late 2008. Just a black or white jacket with a sticker across the top with the logo of the band and the name of the album or song. I love the DJ style presentation. I wish more labels would do it. I'm a huge huge hip hop fan. Labels done it all the time with hip hop albums, they would send the advance copies out like that and they would always be clean versions. I like it simple and to the point and they would also be on time with them.

I notice the past few years a lot of big albums aren't on vinyl on release day, it's usually a month or so later. WIth the past few releases I've bought, including those 2 albums today, it's nice to see that the LP versions are being sold on the same day the CD is launched. I don't know if pressing plants are more organised or record labels are more organised or how it all works but I much prefer being able to buy the music I like on the format I love on the release day along with everyone else.

And also I should say with the Chvrches advance, 500 copies is a lot in today's numbers but you know and I know that most people in this forum wont have a chance of getting one. I didn't ask my local record stores because mainly, I live in Glasgow and they are a Glasgow band, they're from this city but I guarantee you that they wont have known anything about this advance release. Maybe that says more about their store and who their distributors are but I know myself they wont have had them. It's not as simple as just go down to your local indie store and buy it, what is the truth is certain stores will have it and the rest will end up on Ebay and of course it isn't 2008 anymore as I said earlier so no more can I buy promo copies for less than $5, you'll be paying around 10 times that in 2013 if you want it. So that's what it comes down to. It comes down to being lucky if you live in a big city with a indie store with a big reputation or how much money is in your wallet and you go on Ebay and take your chances because music on vinyl isn't treated as music. It's treated like a collectable or it's like buying tickets for a concert that is sold out so you buy off scalpers and you pay maybe 2, 3 times the face value of the ticket. It's a shame the real DJs of the world sold their souls and moved to digital because if they hadn't Ebay would be littered full of Kanye West albums and Chvrches albums, full of promos and you'd pay pennies for them and maybe $15 tops for the real thing with the artwork and printed sleeves etc. I blame the DJs. They've forced people to pay for music on vinyl at premium prices.

Where was it advertised?

On their Facebook.

There's a new thing certain labels are doing where they release a record a week early with (sometimes) different colored vinyl in a numbered jacket and call it the "bootleg version". It's through the record store day distribution or whatever.

• 1 month later...