Electronic Cigarette Discussion

are you sure it's glass?  i won't touch anything that isn't pyrex because my liquid usually carry some form of anise, (grenada/pluid types)/cinnamon, orange, pineapple flavored ingrediant that usually crack any clearo/pu within an hour. why people still use plastic is beyond me.  

i can't do tobacco flavors that much anymore. though there are those few ry4's that are really good. i never thought i'd say this, but i like fruit flavors now. so far been doing all the Suicide Bunny line and fell in love. she's 4/4 in my opinion. but man, i love pluid and maha ras too. any of them can be my all day vapes. 

How is that Pluid longterm? I've read are scary shit about people hacking up green stuck and having chest pains after using it. Not sure how true that is because people love to lie on the internet. Seems pretty outlandish to me.

um, no chest pains or green stuff whatsoever. i love the stuff, but if you're not a fan of black licorice whatsoever, you probably won't like it. grenada is the same way. pluid is a little more subtle as grenada is so sweet. grenada leaves your mouth kinda numb though if you vape too much.

pluid's kinda taken a back seat the last few weeks. since i got that suicide bunny liquid, it's been my alll day vape. stuff is so good. i cant even describe some of them. 

No butts for me, been 4.5 years but I have some friends and relatives that are HEAVY smokers and I would like to try to turn them on to the idea of vaping. Any special recommends for HEAVY smokers? Or pretty much the same as what has already been stated?

I appreciate this thread, really grosses me out as an ex-smoker when ppl go outside for a quick one and come back in right away, don't wash, and their hands and clothes reek like a refried cig. Multiply that by 1000x for when ppl actually carry refries around with them. Fucking gross, that.

No butts for me, been 4.5 years but I have some friends and relatives that are HEAVY smokers and I would like to try to turn them on to the idea of vaping. Any special recommends for HEAVY smokers? Or pretty much the same as what has already been stated?

I appreciate this thread, really grosses me out as an ex-smoker when ppl go outside for a quick one and come back in right away, don't wash, and their hands and clothes reek like a refried cig. Multiply that by 1000x for when ppl actually carry refries around with them. Fucking gross, that.

same thing, the only thing that heavy smokers will need is a heavier concentration of nic or maybe more pg in their e liquid since that's what replicates the throat hit. try 24mg of nic in a liquid, and if that's too strong, lower it to 18. etc etc. just remember, that e cigs usually work if someone is actually wanting to quit. if they don't, it's fruitless.

also remember, that ecig flavors are totally different than regular tobacco and you won't get exactly the same experience. the hardest thing for ex smokers it getting a flavor they like. personally i thought i'd only smoke tobacco type flavors, but after a few months, i was wrong. now it's just sweet fruti flavors, and the occasional chocolate type stuff. cake on occasion, and tobacco every now and again.

i know what you mean also. my sense of smell and taste didn't come back for almost a month. now i can smell someone coming in the door from 15 feet away. those that smoke in their house usually have a distinct smell and that shit is awful and probably the worst of all smokers. 

just tell him to get a couple of ego/vision spinner batteries with a kanger protank mini. that's probably the best newbie setup to get. then you'll need a charger for the battery, and e liquid that he might like. if you need recommendations let me know. i can recommend some. 

just tell him to get an ego with a kanger protank mini. that's probably the best newbie setup to get. then you'll need a charger for the battery, and e liquid that he might like. if you need recommendations let me know. i can recommend some.

I agree. Great setup for anyone TBH. I carry this set up to work because it's reliable and hits great.

i still have two vision spinners sitting in my box for those times i don't feel like taking my mods to play disc golf or what not. haha. need to get some protank minis so i don't have to keep taking my drippers or tanks.

if any of you use tanks, i suggest getting boges or liquid express tanks with the large 2.3mm hole. work so much better. no dry hits. 

Thanks! I have a buddy who is a heavy smoker and looking to quit so I was asking on his behalf, I will relay the information!

If you don't want to spend over $40 this is a decent starter kit. I have a couple of these as backups in case I forget to charge my my primary batteries.

http://highdesertvapes.com/products/650mah-eGo-CE4-Kit.html

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/high-desert-vapes/332455-high-desert-vapes-sales-promo-thread-24.html

You could keep an eye on this thread ^ for coupon codes. Personally I love HDV, they have the best liquids I've ever used and have great customer service.

Yeah I saw this thread and when my buddy mentioned he was trying to quit I mentioned 'maybe try an e-cig?' and I think he looked em up and found em pricey but I think if they help ween you off they are cheaper in the long run. Also, Canada, so I'm not sure if any of these places will ship here, not sure if there are any laws against importing this kinda stuff.

Yeah I saw this thread and when my buddy mentioned he was trying to quit I mentioned 'maybe try an e-cig?' and I think he looked em up and found em pricey but I think if they help ween you off they are cheaper in the long run. Also, Canada, so I'm not sure if any of these places will ship here, not sure if there are any laws against importing this kinda stuff.

Canada ay? (No pun intended)

http://vaporjoescanada.blogspot.com/?m=1

After reading this thread and having my uncle pass away from long cancer earlier this month I decided to purchase one of these. I'm hoping I can transition into using these exclusively... http://highdesertvapes.com/products/650mah--CE4-Kit.html

That is what i purchased, I read a lot of good reviews about this and saw some videos that made it look easy. I also read that there are a bunch of liquids I shouldn't use with it, does anyone know what they are? If this catches on for me I'll definitely upgrade to a better rig. How long does 10nl usually last for someone who usually smokes a pack a day?? At first i just bough tobacco flavors, I figured this will help the transition

eddie,

best thing to do is stay away from fruit or cinnamon juices. anything with anise is also not intended to be used with clearomizers such as the ce4. best thing to do is buy yourself a protank mini. PM me and i give you some places to buy. protank and ego battery is a great beginner kit. mainly because the protanks are glass tanks and can withstand any juice you put it in. it's simple to use as well.  not to mention they are bottom coil tanks and dont have to be tilted, so you rarely if ever get dry hits. its reuseble and only the coil heads need to be replaced. when the ce4 is done its done. protanks can be reused, just need to rebuild or buy new coil heads for them (which i can recommend a few places on the cheap). 

10ml of juice will last you about a week tops. maybe 5 days. PM me and i'll send you some juices to try out. i have a bunch of tobacco flavors i just don't use because after about a month i shyed from tobacco flavors. 

just keep with it. its kinda hard in the beginning because there are variations to vaping and some things you may or not like can be changed. the clearomizer you receive may be good for one liquid, but trying to wash them out and put new flavors is kinda fruitless. 

things to buy if you can: 

Protank or Protank Mini (i'd recommend the mini for ego battery) 2.4 coil heads recommended. anything less and you start pushing amps and the battery isn't mean to be used for low ohm resistances. that's what apvs are for. not egos. the battery wouldn't last that long due to it. stay away from vivi novas or just about any other clearomizer in general. protank have the best taste and while a bit airy have the best flavor. i use them when i go to work and dont feel like dripping all the time.

Juices: start at 18mg of nic. 24 is pushing it when vaping. if the throat hit is too much, try lowering your nic level. i started at 24 and couldn;t do it and immediately went to 18. since then ive downed it to 6mg of nic and am satisfied. 

when you chose to move up, it's gonna be a different world out there. haha. don't get too overwhelmed as there are tons of variable mechs and personal vaporizers out along with so much info that its mind boggling. some are awesome. some suck balls. try figuring out what you like flavor wise and what suits you with a ego, (ohm heads, etc etc) from there it's then best to move up as it's all downhill from there. mechanical's and rebuildables should be the last thing you bother getting into. unless you like fiddling with things besides your dick. :P

After reading this thread and having my uncle pass away from long cancer earlier this month I decided to purchase one of these. I'm hoping I can transition into using these exclusively... http://highdesertvapes.com/products/650mah--CE4-Kit.html

That is what i purchased, I read a lot of good reviews about this and saw some videos that made it look easy. I also read that there are a bunch of liquids I shouldn't use with it, does anyone know what they are? If this catches on for me I'll definitely upgrade to a better rig. How long does 10nl usually last for someone who usually smokes a pack a day?? At first i just bough tobacco flavors, I figured this will help the transition

Awesome! I'm sure you'll enjoy it. That's a great starter kit.

The only liquids you should avoid with a plastic tank are citrus flavors or hot cinnamon flavors. Cola flavors are somewhat sketchy as well. HD Vapes has a solid selection of liquids. My wife and I both love the Organic Watermelon, Tooti Frooti, Razzleberry (ask for them to add cream in the notes if you're into that, delicious!), raspberry or strawberry (both with cream are also amazing).

CTB is a very knowledgeable user so take his suggestions with confidence, yet don't feel hesitant to take baby steps. You have a great introduction kit coming your way and you should be excited.

I would advise against the Protank Mini because both mine and my wife's are already broken and we haven't had them for a month. Mine shattered in my pocket today randomly and the bottom base popped off my lady's, both in the same day! If you're gonna rock a Protank go for the Protank 2, the Mini is bad news.

i love my protank mini.. but i also don't put them in my pocket. any glass in pocket is sure to have bad consequences. (ask my $45 ibanked tank) and my bloody hand taking out the shards of glass. oh yeah, i forgot about the bases. but replacement bases can easily be purchased through a vendor. thankyoubabyjeebuz. i also try to tell people not to fully tighten the base onto the mod because that's what usually happens. it's known for that. 

i will be getting a protank 2 soon. totally Happy with my DBOX puritank though. takes kanger protank heads like a champ. you can put your own drip tip on it, and it's glass as well. unfortunately the glass isn't replaceable but thing still runs great on my provari. 

protank 1 and dbox puritank still running smooth after 3 weeks with no problems except maybe replacing a gasket o-ring. 

shitty rambo:

if you like berry and cream flavors i suggest these: 

http://www.litecigusa.net/Suicide_Bunny_Mother_s_Milk_p/sbunny-mothermilk.htm

http://www.litecigusa.net/Suicide_Bunny_e_Liquids_s/315.htm

these two are my all day vapes for the last month. they just came out on the market a few days ago. holy crap, so good. i like these more than pluid. (but don't tell anyone). they aren't cheap but unfortunately good complex liquids cost a bit more. soooooooo worth it.  i'd send some, if i already weren't on my last two tanks of each. but i got more coming on monday. :)

considering getting one of these too. the initial investment is kinda pricy, but theres some great flavors, and i'll finally be able to ingest nicotine inside my home in a way that isn't stinky or disgusting.

The first cut is the deepest! After you have your charger you probably will never need to replace those, moving forward you'll only buy hardware you want use or replacement tanks/atomizers when/if they break, but they aren't very expensive, especially if you get $3 iClear tanks. Liquids vary in cost and most will cost less then half the price of a pack of smokes and last you a month or more depending on how much you vape. Batteries will last a long time as long as you take care of them. You won't be paying that initial price on the reg, unless you get obsessed with trying everything like I'm starting to do haha.

You can make these super cost effective, there's inexpensive hardware out there that works great and isn't "cheap".

I never use mine out in public really. I was a heavy smoker for about years and I can honestly say that this helps out a lot. When I first invested in one I occasionally smoke a cigarette here and there until it started getting to me.

I mainly use red tobacco flavor but also a fan of grape and monster