Caspian Tour 2013: Who's Going?!?!?

forbenator

Man! I'll be there!! I'm driving from my Air Force base in Omaha back to my hometown in CA. I'll be at the Denver show, then on to Salt Lake, then on to the SF show!!

You'll have to let me buy you a beer!! :D

...and of course, we'll talk some Built to Spill :P

Awesome. We'll have a VC meetup!

I'm always down to talk Built To Spill.

• 1 month later...

This show was so good.

Pretty sure I'll be heading down to Phx on Sunday to catch this show. It'll be my first time seeing Caspian and I'm really excited. Anyone know what vinyl Caspian or The World is a Beautiful Place... have on tour?

Caspian had Waking Season, Tertia, and The Four Trees for $20 each. They also had a preorder for their new EP. It was $15.

TWIABP had their album ($15?) and three different singles for $5 each. 

Just traveled from Omaha back home to CA seeing these guys in Denver and Salt Lake City... SF tonight & LA tomorrow!!

Derek, let's catch up in SF!!

Jared (Youinreverse), was good meeting you in SLC man! First time meeting a VCer!!

If anybody is on the fence about seeing these guys, GOGOGO!! These guys are phenomenal live.

Pretty sure I'll be heading down to Phx on Sunday to catch this show. It'll be my first time seeing Caspian and I'm really excited. Anyone know what vinyl Caspian or The World is a Beautiful Place... have on tour?

I will mention, Waking Season JUST came in at the Salt Lake City show (11/12). It's been sold out all over and they got these copies from a distributor that's not commonly used. These are sealed so the odds are very much against them being Purple Marble (Tour Edition) any longer. Clear or Black are the variants they'd probably be.

All guesses at this point! If anybody buys one, let us know!! :D

Haven't listened to 65 Days in a long time but I don't see any reason I wouldn't be at the Philly date, especially considering it's at the Church.

I was thinking of going just for Caspian but I wouldn't want the building to burst into flames and ruin the show for everyone so I don't think I'll go to this one.

Just traveled from Omaha back home to CA seeing these guys in Denver and Salt Lake City... SF tonight & LA tomorrow!!

Jared (Youinreverse), was good meeting you in SLC man! First time meeting a VCer!!

If anybody is on the fence about seeing these guys, GOGOGO!! These guys are phenomenal live.

Good to meet you as well, Ryan! Glad to hear you made it to California ok.

Definitely.  I'll probably be glued to the front of the stage (or close to it) as soon as we show up, but I imagine it'll be possible to catch you at some point.  Should be pretty cozy, too, considering that the venue is completely sold out.

Did they stick to fairly similar setlists for the two shows you've caught so far?

Definitely. I'll probably be glued to the front of the stage (or close to it) as soon as we show up, but I imagine it'll be possible to catch you at some point. Should be pretty cozy, too, considering that the venue is completely sold out.

Did they stick to fairly similar setlists for the two shows you've caught so far?

Ya they did! The new bassist was slammed with learning a lot prior to the European tour so there's a limit to what they can play based on that.

I did talk to Phil tho and, either tonight or tmrw in LA, there are a few songs that might be played that haven't popped out much so far :)

Round 3, here I come!!! :D I'll be there early so look for me!! I'll be rockin' a Mylene Sheath shirt tonight

Show was awesome, Caspian was fucking incredible and I can safely say I'm not a huge fan of 65daysofstatic.

That was the least populated show I've ever seen at Crescent which was surprising. Sadly they didn't have Waking Season on vinyl but I picked up Four Trees and TWIABP/Deer Leap split

Did they play any new stuff?

So no new stuff at tonight's show. Nor did we get 80 minutes like they said every show would get. Got about an hour. Was really bummed at that.

But they sounded amazing & opening with "Fire Made Flesh" was one of the best things ever.

But damn, the short setlist was disappointing.

I saw them at 4 different shows and I still couldn't get enough!!

These guys entrance, and man, it makes those set lists go quick!!

They're certainly a band that could play 2 hour sets each night and I wouldn't even realize the time had passed.

With the addition of their new bassist it limits playable stuff though. With the exception of Malacoda and The Raven being tossed in as rarities, the set list you saw was what he's got atm.

Some GREAT things to come with this guy on board!!

I saw them at 4 different shows and I still couldn't get enough!!

These guys entrance, and man, it makes those set lists go quick!!

They're certainly a band that could play 2 hour sets each night and I wouldn't even realize the time had passed.

With the addition of their new bassist it limits playable stuff though. With the exception of Malacoda and The Raven being tossed in as rarities, the set list you saw was what he's got atm.

Some GREAT things to come with this guy on board!!

Yeah I woulda loved The Raven or Ghosts of the Garden City. I saw some setlists where they got both plus everything I saw. I'm just a greedy bastard I guess! But I just specifically remembered them saying guaranteed 80 minutes each night.