Apple event 9/10/2013 10am PST

dominic252

This October will be 2years with my 4S and it's been great the entire time... last weekend my gf dropped it and shattered the screen. Just got the screen replaced and it's good as new. Although it's still a great phone, I'll be moving up to the 5S and selling the 4S.

At least those smells, etc. don't stick to the plastic/glass/metal housing... 

i used to buy ebay phones until i realized how many people take dumps while using their phones.

Lots of SnapChatting

This made me laugh.  So true.  No clue how people can afford to keep up with this stuff...

Between trading in my current phone at the time and having an eligible upgrade, I've never paid even relatively close to $600 for a new iPhone.

The 5S seems solid. Looking forward to the A7 chip and the better camera. 

me too. I think I'm jumping ship on the iphone. Biggest thing for me is I want a significantly larger screen.

I get jealous every time bigbruise pulls out his android.

You couldn't have worded that any better. 

I've been thinking about the same (switching phones, not bigbruises android) but I haven't found much I like. Android does somethings really well but when I try to help my Dad and wife with their phone it had a lot of warts as well. 

We get it, you think Android products are superior. If you are trying to generate any kind of constructive dialog I think maybe you're the one, not Dominic, who needs to modify their approach. 

I don't mean to be rude, but doesn't matter how legitimate your complaints are if you choose to shout them from the top of your high horse.

(Sorry to further derail the thread)

If you've read the thread from the beginning you'll have read that I've indeed had constructive dialogue with several people. I'm allowed to be disappointed with another lacklustre Apple keynote being that I've been an avid supporter for a long time now (typing this from my Macbook Pro). I'm not saying anything about the people, like yourself, that are currently using iPhone 4s and are due for an upgrade. Only about the ones that find it necessary to make every upgrade and promote the phone as the be-all-end-all of smartphones. 

I'm not sure where the "high horse" is coming from but I seriously haven't meant to offend anyone. 3arl was not adding anything constructive and simply trying to make me look dumb and I even stayed pretty level headed while talking to him.

Also, this. I'm far from an Android fan boy of any kind and actually quite nervous about the switch.

I currently use a 4S and have had an iPhone since day one... being a Canadian that meant having to go to the US to buy one then unlock it before I could use it. 

If you have a Nexus 7 I tend to agree but if you have a full sized iPad I think there's still a pretty sizeable difference.

I've got an iPad mini.  I guess the phone being so big wouldn't be as big of a deal if i did't carry it around in my pocket all day.  Like if I was a girl with a purse I would definitely be more open to the idea.

I was an avid believer in Android for the longest time. Being an Android fan was making me too much of a nerd and taking up all of my time trying to root phones and overclock them and whatnot. And once you root a phone and install custom modded software, things start to go wrong. And then it takes even more time to fix the things that go wrong.

Basically I said fuck it, and realized that the cool things my phone could do were of little importance in the bigger scheme of my lifestyle, and I just wanted something simple and dependable. And the iPhone is that in a nutshell.

Not to mention I was tired of buying an Android phone and it being worth $300 less three days later. 

I've got an iPad mini.  I guess the phone being so big wouldn't be as big of a deal if i did't carry it around in my pocket all day.  Like if I was a girl with a purse I would definitely be more open to the idea.

Believe it or not that was the idea based around the Galaxy Note. The stylus was created based on the thought that women with long fingernails had a hard time using the touch screen.

Believe it or not that was the idea based around the Galaxy Note. The stylus was created based on the thought that women with long fingernails had a hard time using the touch screen.

this is true, when I have my nails all nice and done, it's significantly harder to use my phone.

It doesn't work. You can use Double Twist if you really like the iTunes "interface". I'd just upload everything to Google Play Music and live like a savvy king.

And this is why I use iPhones.  Dont want to hassle with moving all my music and then keeping two different music softwares updated as my wife still uses iTunes for her iPhone.

It doesn't work. You can use Double Twist if you really like the iTunes "interface". I'd just upload everything to Google Play Music and live like a savvy king.

Do you own a Mac? I do and use iSyncr to get my music on my phone. I just make a playlist in iTunes and sync it through iSyncr. Curious about what you and others use. 

And this is why I use iPhones. Dont want to hassle with moving all my music and then keeping two different music softwares updated as my wife still uses iTunes for her iPhone.

You could set Google Play Music to upload anything stored in your iTunes library's main directory folder and your wife could just use the gMusic app on her iPhone to access your account.

My wife and I do this. Works flawlessly and she can stream whatever else she wants since gMusic is compatible with All Access.

Do you own a Mac? I do and use iSyncr to get my music on my phone. I just make a playlist in iTunes and sync it through iSyncr. Curious about what you and others use.

I'm a Windows user, I have owned a Mac in the past though. I usually just drag and drop music onto my SD card but I hardly keep anything on there now since I can stream everything. I do use iTunes with an iPod Shuffle for podcasts. It's small enough to carry at all times and helps me conserve my phone's battery at work.

You could set Google Play Music to upload anything stored in your iTunes library's main directory folder and your wife could just use the gMusic app on her iPhone to access your account.

My wife and I do this. Works flawlessly and she can stream whatever else she wants since gMusic is compatible with All Access.

I'm a Windows user, I have owned a Mac in the past though. I usually just drag and drop music onto my SD card but I hardly keep anything on there now since I can stream everything. I do use iTunes with an iPod Shuffle for podcasts. It's small enough to carry at all times and helps me conserve my phone's battery at work.

Yeah, I miss this option. Using a Mac has forced me to use a 3rd party app. 

Used to have an iMac along with a few iPhones over the past five or so years. Recently switched to the S4 and I've adapted quite well. I used Play Music before, when I was at school and wanted to listen to my own library. So it was perfect when I got this phone, and only needed to have the Play Music app to effectively listen to my whole library (50MB vs 20GB).

Back on topic, I am interested to see those 5Cs in person. Not going to lie, the colors are pretty cool (and the gold is awesome). However, still not impressed with the screens. I'll be sticking with my S4 for a while.