Fuck Time Warner Cable

they have cbs again. their customer service has actually been pretty great believe it or not. i think its because i flat out said "im not an idiot, i know this problem is not isolated, your boxes are known for sucking. don't jerk me around and just fix it."  but yea, i dare them to start charging me for shit i dont use..... i learned at a young age thanks to my mother, to not be dicked around with by people like this. so far things are going my way. but i told them i have no problem dropping them and going to another provider. which i cant really do because there is no other one, but it seemed to scare them. 

It's back now and we got a little card that gives us one free movie on demand (5.99 or less) for our trouble.

Also, the reason they kept charging for Showtime even though we couldn't get it was because they decided to give us STARZ in the meantime while SHO was out... but didn't tell us so it wasn't used.

It's back now and we got a little card that gives us one free movie on demand (5.99 or less) for our trouble.

Also, the reason they kept charging for Showtime even though we couldn't get it was because they decided to give us STARZ in the meantime while SHO was out... but didn't tell us so it wasn't used.

I got credit for the showtime outage even with the starz addition. They even offered me hbo/Cinemax free for 3 months for the trouble and removed showtime from subscription.

all you have to do is call and complain. they'll give you a promo rate if you threaten to leave. 

Definitely do this. I don't have cable, just internet, but my coworker was telling me about his dealings with TWC today. He pays <$120 and gets all of the movie channels because every time they raise his bill he goes "Cool, I'm switching to Verizon Fios"

so i got a new box thats working. because i told them it HAD to be the box the first day it started happening, and they didn't listen, i managed to get 30 bucks off my first months bill. and was upgraded to a faster internet speed and cable package for 12 months at no extra cost.

TWC just raised my bill again! I'm at like $144 a month. I'm about to go bonkers. 

What does everyone else pay? 

before my free upgrade I paid 102 for the middle of the road internet speed and standard cable package. 89.99 for the package +  those bullshit surcharges and taxes. 

Just got TWC about a month ago in the new house.....the boxes are crap for internet. They are router/modems so I have to base my Wifi off this POS until my lease expires :/ (Not going to dump $$ into a modem + router for my roomies to hog....maybe if they did dishes or something I would :P)

Fios guys came yesterday, we're all hooked up. No more rampant buffering and bullshit. We'll see how this plays out.

Fios just got introduced to my neighborhood 3 weeks ago. They set up a tent with 2 guys for 2 weeks to attract the whole hood and answer any questions we had and convince us to switch. It all worked out.

• 3 weeks later...

TWC just raised my bill again! I'm at like $144 a month. I'm about to go bonkers. 

What does everyone else pay? 

This just happened to me too, I am planning on going down to the local TWC location tomorrow to see what the fuck is up

I was going to call, but that never really seems to do anything but piss me off..

My goal is to get the 80 dollar package with the DVR services...hopefully I don't have to deal with these guys

Time Warner is run by the devil himself. A few years ago when me and my wife moved into a rental property, they refused to transfer our service from our old address to the new one 'because the PREVIOUS tenants didn't pay their bill' I'm usually understanding of things like that, but we had 3 years at our prior address to back up we were good customers. They also forced us into an 'installation fee' when all that needed to be done was take the modem from the old apartment to the new house (which I did).

We moved again last month and the customer service has completely 180'd one of the most pleasant calls I've ever had with them.

With all that said, Google Fiber moves into our area in October. I'm still pissed from the incident from the last place and will be cutting Time Warner as quickly as possible.