a copy of Explosions In The Sky How Strange, Innocence 2LP Is ON ebay

Will it though? I'm under the impression that the band wants nothing to do with this release. Ever again.

I tweeted Temporary Residence one time and they said that it was really hard to get a license to repress this as well as the Friday Night Lights OST.

How Strange, Innocence was put out by Ruined Potential Records, which seems to be currently inactive. The contact email on their website is [email protected], so maybe someone can email him to see what's up.

The band has stated in the past that this will be the one and only pressing. Though never say never.

I just think that it will eventually have to happen. Who knows when. I guess it never happening is also a possibility though.

I've asked Jeremy from Temporary Residence and he's said that it's something that he really wants to do and hopes that one day they will, but called the situation "complicated" regarding releasing that album. I just figure if the band was cool with a CD reissue in '05, another reissue isn't out of the question.

I'm okay listening to my CD copy for now though. It's not like this album had amazing sound quality anyway.

In regards to the repressing discussion, I can tell you with almost 100% certainty that this album will never see a repressing beyond the CD re-issue that came out a few years ago.

Reason I say this is this album is the exact reason I got into this band when it came out. I spent a considerable amount of time contacting and talking to the band about trying to obtain a copy over the years but not even the members themselves still retain even a single one. They then went on to admit that they truly grew to hate that album and at least one member wished he could "buy back all the copies and burn them" because he at least felt it misrepresented them as a band. Personally, I disagreed with this observation but it gave considerable insight into the band's perspective on this recording and made it rather clear they'd prefer it was a distant, forgotten memory. The only reason it ever saw a CD repressing is due to high demand from fans but based upon the discussions I've had with them personally over the years, I think they'll do everything in their power to avoid anything further from happening. You can definitely count on that.

The only way I can see it coming to light again is if some sort of discography box set is released by Temporary Residence. Even then, I think it might be a stretch just due to the band's personal feelings about the album and most likely would be left out. I'm not even sure TR has the licensing rights to be able to do so. Definitely not trying to "rain on your parade" here with this bit of information but at least it sheds a little clearer perspective on this.

Still would love to own this album. It's been my "white whale" record for a while but I wasn't willing to shell out $800+ for this copy even though I did bid on it a few times. As much as I know all of us would throw our money at a repressing because it is such a great album, I've resigned myself to accepting the chances of that happening are essentially zero.

I find it a little humorous how much they hate that debut. It's a little different from their other material, but it hardly misleads their style and sound.

I agree with both points. This album really blew me away when I heard it. "A Song For Our Fathers" is still by far my favorite EiTS song even now. It's definitely hard to understand why they seem to loathe it so much. I'd imagine most bands would be stoked to release something half as good. Regardless, I'll still cling to hope that some miracle happens and it gets a proper repressing one day before I die. Haha.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...