Misfits - Walk Among Us LP PURPLE vinyl Hot Topic exclusive available 5/20

Travis-Do the copies instore have anything marking them as the pink copies?

My store had two copies on the shelf at $21.99 but the guy working said he'd had them for weeks so they couldn't have been the pink copies.

Color me confused.

If it's $21.99 then it should be the pink copy. I'm pretty sure the copies that stores got a few months ago had a different sticker on the cover, but I can't remember specifically. It was definitely cheaper though ($16.99?) And they have different SKUs.

Maybe the guy working just remembered having the older copies or doesn't work very often.

If you don't get an exact answer by tomorrow I can give you details on specifics for the pink one.

If it's $21.99 then it should be the pink copy. I'm pretty sure the copies that stores got a few months ago had a different sticker on the cover, but I can't remember specifically. It was definitely cheaper though ($16.99?) And they have different SKUs.

Maybe the guy working just remembered having the older copies or doesn't work very often.

If you don't get an exact answer by tomorrow I can give you details on specifics for the pink one.

Thanks for that. I figured as much, but didn't want to spend the cash, open it, and find it was a black copy which I already have.

Anybody know the sku for the pink copies?

I doubt that Rhino has bothered to update the packaging. I think its sad that they are still using the pink sky. Danzig stated in the the 1986 Thrasher interview with Pushead that the pink sky was a printing error and that he intended the sky to be a combination of reds and blues. It came out purple on the 2nd pressing and Warner left it at that when they repressed in 1988.

Thanks Travis. The one on the shelf was the one I wanted.

I also learned the big sign in the front window that says EVERYTHING IN THE STORE BUY 1 GET 1 50% OFF excludes vinyl.

...so not EVERYTHING in the store.

Yeah it's lame. The sales now always exclude media (vinyl, CDs, DVDs). All the signs are reused though and are from before the shift to excluding things like vinyl.

Picked one up at my local store yesterday.  From a pure aesthetic standpoint, this is the best reissue of this album so far.  The vinyl finally matches the artwork.  Looks awesome!  Let's face it - it's the (real) Misfits, so the sound quality is going to be bad no matter what. 

Picked one up at my local store yesterday.  From a pure aesthetic standpoint, this is the best reissue of this album so far.  The vinyl finally matches the artwork.  Looks awesome!  Let's face it - it's the (real) Misfits, so the sound quality is going to be bad no matter what. 

you done it now

Yeah always hated having to look at a black record when I wanted to play this. YUCK.

I didn't say I hated the black version.  Or the blue, clear, red, or purple versions.  I just think the pink looks really nice.  Sorry if that offends you.

Not offended. Your use of the word "finally" implied that you found all other versions lesser and had been holding out for it to be on pink vinyl. Thought I'd respond to that with childish sarcasm. No worries.

Just finished playing this. Worst of the 14 versions of WAU I have. Here's my review.

Unlike previous pressings, the quality is very unstable. The first two songs (20 Eyes and Martian) sound no different than the previous Rhino represses. Then halfway through the third song (All Hell), my copy has terrible noise/distortion which lasts the rest of the a-side.

B-side has a sightly muddled NOTLD and Skulls and then really goes to shit with violent world. This song sounds like you're listening to it through the wall of someone's apartment wearing earmuffs. Surprisingly things pick up with Devil's Whorehouse, Astrozombies, and Braineaters where the quality is actually improved over the previous 2009 and 2012 represses. But nowhere near the greatness of the 1982 and 1988 presses. 

The insert is once again matte, not the original gloss from the 1982 presses. But the paper is thicker than the 1988 repress. 

Thanks Travis. The one on the shelf was the one I wanted.

I also learned the big sign in the front window that says EVERYTHING IN THE STORE BUY 1 GET 1 50% OFF excludes vinyl.

...so not EVERYTHING in the store.

Really? That sucks. Your store must hate you because I went tonight and it worked for me. 

UZ3pRgc.jpg?1

Home girl even hooked it up taking half off of this LP when Im pretty sure it was supposed to be FATA. I was stoked.

JohnnyDramaVictory.jpg

Really? That sucks. Your store must hate you because I went tonight and it worked for me.

UZ3pRgc.jpg?1

Home girl even hooked it up taking half off of this LP when Im pretty sure it was supposed to be FATA. I was stoked.

JohnnyDramaVictory.jpg

Hahaha. Yeah the person working at your store messed up. They did the half off on the wrong items and they weren't supposed to do it anyway. Score :)

Hahaha. Yeah the person working at your store messed up. They did the half off on the wrong items and they weren't supposed to do it anyway. Score :)

In all fairness to the girl working the register when I called and asked about promotions I asked if it includes vinyl, the girl who answered said yes. It wasnt the same girl haha regardless, I scored.

The sound "quality" of the Danzig-era is all a part of the charm, is it not?

I've always wanted better sound on Misfits records. Sure, we are used to it now as a baked in kinda thing, but I agree with the above poster... I've been gravitating towards 12 Hits lately because of better production. Static Age isn't too bad either. What I'd really like to see is a remaster of Legacy. Those songs are awesome, but they sound like absolute shit.