Linkin Park - Hybrid Theory LP clear vinyl Hot Topic exclusive

• 3 weeks later...

I was wondering if there is a way to receive an order with better packaging when you order online? My first order was damaged, so they offered to exchange the order. I just received my new order, and the same thing happened. It's not the worst damage since only some of the corners were smashed/bent, and I realize this is common.

Both times, the box didn't even close properly. All four corners were sticking out, so I can see and feel whats inside. The cardboard inserts were all smaller then the size of the records, and the box seems kinda flimsy. Has anyone had a similar experience with hot topic?

Hot Topic is a clothing store. I'm guessing they really don't specialize or know how to pack and ship vinyl that well. Although my Paramore album I just received from them actually came to me in a standard record mailer this time. So maybe there is hope :/

An LP mailer was used for both of my orders as well, but they weren't very secure. Funny thing is that hot topic said that they would add extra protection the second time, but I received it the same way as the first. I'm not going to even bother returning it again, i'm just disappointed.

Travis made it a point a few months back to make sure they were not only packing records correctly but also using the proper packing materials for vinyl. Not sure why you guys are getting these issues but I guess it's hit or miss.

I really hope that they can fix this issue as well. I might just return my order, and not bother with another exchange. Until then, I don't think that I will be buying any other records through Hot Topic.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I there are only 1000 clear records out there going for about $25. How much do you think my record would cost if has a defect inside of it. It works perfectly just there is a black streak around the fourth song.

It's not a defect at all, especially if it plays fine. The plate it was pressed on must have had some black on it from the previous record pressed.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...