worst band ever?

so last night my brother and a friend of mine called me up and said they had a free ticket for me to see saves the day and Set Your Goals. I like set your goals and I used to listen to saves the day a lot a few years ago so I thought what the fuck, I can atleast have a few beers and see some bands.

Right when I got there this band went on called metro station, they were the absolute worst unoriginal band I ever seen in my 12 years of seeing live music. A bunch of dudes with really bad haircuts playing pussy music with a bunch of keyboards, it was just awful.

See I dont know if its me just being old , but is this what kids like these days? I couldnt imagine seeing a band like that 12 years ago

Billy Vision and The Dancers are hands down the worst band i have ever witnessed in a live venue.

Opening for Seasick Steve they were not only cringe worthy awful, they as far away as Steve musically as any band could be.

i could go on about this for hours in a steaming rage cos those crazy Swedes annoyed the fuck out of me

See I dont know if its me just being old , but is this what kids like these days? I couldnt imagine seeing a band like that 12 years ago

The moment I realized that I'm out of touch with what the kids like, is a few years back when Bedlight for Blue Eyes opened a show I was at and the kids were into it.

Also... Brothers Keeper>>>>>>The AKAs

so last night my brother and a friend of mine called me up and said they had a free ticket for me to see saves the day and Set Your Goals. I like set your goals and I used to listen to saves the day a lot a few years ago so I thought what the fuck, I can atleast have a few beers and see some bands.

Right when I got there this band went on called metro station, they were the absolute worst unoriginal band I ever seen in my 12 years of seeing live music. A bunch of dudes with really bad haircuts playing pussy music with a bunch of keyboards, it was just awful.

i saw them a few months ago opening for motion city soundtrack, and im unfortunately gonna see them again tomorrow with saves the day. they are really horrible. one of the kids is billy ray cyrus's son

my buddy's band recently played w/ this pop punk/emo band called jacob's ladder who, at one point, the lead singer told the crowd (of like 20 people) to "take out your cell phones and wave them from side to side"

wow.

I think they're from FL so some of you FL cats might have seen this ridiculousness.

Scouting For Girls are hands down the worst band ever, I don't know if they've made it to America yet, but seriously, they suck and yet all the british press do is bang on about how "breath takingly original" they are. They basically consist of a guy playing piano (standing up, always a bad sign) and thrusting at it and spouting "brillinat" lyrics like ELVIS AND DEAD AND YOU WEREN'T THERE.

Enter Shikari are good runners for the prize too. Again another band the british press are calling incredably original, they've basically copied HORSE the band verbatim.

My current pick would be for All Time Low. They're pretty bad.

What makes them bad besides a lot of younger kids like them right now? Their songs are actually pretty well-written and arranged, and a few of their songs have absolute knockout hooks. Plus, unlike their heroes (Blink-182) or their contemporaries (Fall Out Boy), they can actually play their songs live tightly.

Guest genericinsight
My current pick would be for All Time Low. They're pretty bad.

What makes them bad besides a lot of younger kids like them right now? Their songs are actually pretty well-written and arranged, and a few of their songs have absolute knockout hooks. Plus, unlike their heroes (Blink-182) or their contemporaries (Fall Out Boy), they can actually play their songs live tightly.

It has nothing to do with younger kids liking them, in fact up until last week on the AP tour I had no idea they were even so popular. I saw them twice before that in the last two years. I think their songs are catchy but they just strike me as being completely fake. I think their lyrics are absolutely awful... I mean, you could use the argument that that type of pop punk has bad lyrics as it is but I think just because you write poppy music doesn't mean you have an excuse to write shitty lyrics. Also, it was pretty obvious they look up to Blink 182, I just think the "hey let's try and spout every cuss word in the book to try and shock people" ship has sailed already.

Again, nothing to do with younger kids liking them at all and again, I do agree, their music is hooky and catchy. Just the lyrics ruin it for me and their live show honestly does nothing for me (and again, last week was the third time I've seen them). I also am a sucker for this type of music generally speaking (shit, I love Hit The Lights and am not ashamed to admit it), but again... they just don't do a thing for me.

my buddy's band recently played w/ this pop punk/emo band called jacob's ladder who, at one point, the lead singer told the crowd (of like 20 people) to "take out your cell phones and wave them from side to side"

wow.

I think they're from FL so some of you FL cats might have seen this ridiculousness.

these guys are actually good friends of mine, I used to make shirts for them when I was in the screenprinting biz