Am I being squeezed by an eBay member?

yeah if you've taken time off, or if you are selling in a "high risk" category, certain electronics etc, then it can affect that. Also if you're seller rating has gone down, they do a review of your account once a month to ensure you're staying legit. You can check that on your seller dashboard. Happened to me when I shipped a couple things late one month and got bad reviews on the ship time. My own fault, but sucked for a bit there.

So he finally replied! He showed me detailed photo shot. I have to say I am appalled, there is a gash in the upper right, about 3 inches away from the corner. I had asked him for a full shot of the album sleeve just to confirm he's not trying to play me. (I asked for two photos originally the detail, and the overall photo)

He's still squeezing trying to get half the cost, which I replied to him to just send it back for a full refund. The stupid part is he said the mailer box had zero damage to it, to which he is calling me a liar that I didn't post the correct photos or a really bad packer. (I've got great feedback with my packaging on Discogs and eBay.) He is really going for his moneys worth right now. 

Why doesn't he just agree to ship it back? What a chump. I've never seen such a harsh gash especially with bubble mailers and zero dings on the outside of the mailer. (How dumb was he to admit that in the beginning the mailer it self was not damaged)

Check out his ultimatum to me after I gave him my options of 1. returning for a full refund 2. accepting a used record from my collection (before photos were even sent) 3. keep the record i keep the money

"Here is my option. 

You look at the photo I've attached, admit that the dent wasn't in the description...if it was messed up in shipping, it's your fault for packing it wrong and give me half of my money back for being reckless. 

When you refund me half of my money for either being a liar or a bad shipper, I'll close the case gladly. "

I think he's in denial that eBay will partially refund him even though I'm asking him to ship the record back continuously. 

Guys, I feel really bad I really do if that's a legit photo he sent me through e-mail and not through eBay. He's being stubborn and seems to not want to return the album. 

What will eBay do next?

yeah if you've taken time off, or if you are selling in a "high risk" category, certain electronics etc, then it can affect that. Also if you're seller rating has gone down, they do a review of your account once a month to ensure you're staying legit. You can check that on your seller dashboard. Happened to me when I shipped a couple things late one month and got bad reviews on the ship time. My own fault, but sucked for a bit there.

I'm pretty sure my rating is 100%, but has been a while since I've sold something. Thanks guys!

So he finally replied! He showed me detailed photo shot. I have to say I am appalled, there is a gash in the upper right, about 3 inches away from the corner. I had asked him for a full shot of the album sleeve just to confirm he's not trying to play me. (I asked for two photos originally the detail, and the overall photo)

He's still squeezing trying to get half the cost, which I replied to him to just send it back for a full refund. The stupid part is he said the mailer box had zero damage to it, to which he is calling me a liar that I didn't post the correct photos or a really bad packer. (I've got great feedback with my packaging on Discogs and eBay.) He is really going for his moneys worth right now. 

Why doesn't he just agree to ship it back? What a chump. I've never seen such a harsh gash especially with bubble mailers and zero dings on the outside of the mailer. (How dumb was he to admit that in the beginning the mailer it self was not damaged)

Check out his ultimatum to me after I gave him my options of 1. returning for a full refund 2. accepting a used record from my collection (before photos were even sent) 3. keep the record i keep the money

"Here is my option. 

You look at the photo I've attached, admit that the dent wasn't in the description...if it was messed up in shipping, it's your fault for packing it wrong and give me half of my money back for being reckless. 

When you refund me half of my money for either being a liar or a bad shipper, I'll close the case gladly. "

I think he's in denial that eBay will partially refund him even though I'm asking him to ship the record back continuously. 

Guys, I feel really bad I really do if that's a legit photo he sent me through e-mail and not through eBay. He's being stubborn and seems to not want to return the album. 

What will eBay do next?

Hold your ground and demand he return the item. I've given partial refunds in the past but half the cost is ridiculous.

Hold your ground and demand he return the item. I've given partial refunds in the past but half the cost is ridiculous.

Id never give a partial refund. Play hardball and demand the record be shipped back for a full refund. Got a feeling dude did the damage himself to try and get a discount.

Ok end results here.

As bad as I feel for him if he's being honest he was a pure douche. He closed the case and gave me a bad rating. I guess the record was too sweet for him to pass up. I checked his "left feedback for others" and he's got a 1:50 ratio of leaving negative feedback. I feel really bad for the guy, it's a shame he didn't want to send for a full refund or take any of my free record option. 

There was an option for "report buyer" which I gladly clicked, and one of the button selections was, "made demand for partial refund" who would've thunk! So I reported him. (Oh god, I feel like a kid playing tattle tell) 

At any rate, thanks for the advice guys. I've never been squeezed like this before. If he was honest why wouldn't he just send for a refund and try his luck at another copy of the record? I have no idea! The worse part is I gave him my personal number, email etc to try and talk things over rationally. I don't get what is so hard about taking one detail shot which he provided, and a whole album shot.

Anyways, I'll post his eBay handle in the "beware of buyer/seller list"

Ok end results here.

As bad as I feel for him if he's being honest he was a pure douche. He closed the case and gave me a bad rating. I guess the record was too sweet for him to pass up. I checked his "left feedback for others" and he's got a 1:50 ratio of leaving negative feedback. I feel really bad for the guy, it's a shame he didn't want to send for a full refund or take any of my free record option. 

There was an option for "report buyer" which I gladly clicked, and one of the button selections was, "made demand for partial refund" who would've thunk! So I reported him. (Oh god, I feel like a kid playing tattle tell) 

At any rate, thanks for the advice guys. I've never been squeezed like this before. If he was honest why wouldn't he just send for a refund and try his luck at another copy of the record? I have no idea! The worse part is I gave him my personal number, email etc to try and talk things over rationally. I don't get what is so hard about taking one detail shot which he provided, and a whole album shot.

Anyways, I'll post his eBay handle in the "beware of buyer/seller list"

Any rational person would've returned the record and not made such a big deal about it. It seems obvious that this guy was pretty shady.

Selling on VC > Selling on Discogs > Selling on eBay. I thought about going eBay for the extra $krill but decided it wasn't worth the headache after hearing the horror stories and having problems with eBay in the past as a buyer. Discogs can be kind of annoying like people with no feedback checking out without any contact and then never paying. Or checking out and then asking a question after and then having to cancel their order. Lots of n00bs with little to no feeback, but the $krill is decent, depending.

Selling on line can be a pain on both sides.

ebay though has become a nightmare for the seller where the buyer protection is too easy to abuse.

I used to sell a lot of hifi on ebay but any I do now are listed as collection only and a cash deal now with a buy it now price. That way the buyer can come and test it and look it over to their hearts desire and if there is any wiggling to be done on the price it's done there and then and everybody leaves happy with everything out in the open. It might drop the price but it also drops the risk.

I stopped buying and selling used vinyl on ebay a long time ago although I do still buy new there.

Please explain. I thought I was just putting forth my logical argument/opinion. I am afeared people may be reading emotion into it. Again, I tried to keep the comments generic and never resorted to personal attacks.

This is the problem with a conversation over the internet because you can't read the intended emotion. Your posts did come across as a little curt though, the subsequent ones with a few more words in are much better.

You know what you are trying to say but the reader doesn't always read it how it was intended