PO: Neck Deep - Wishful Thinking

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I for one think its a great pop punk album. One to be remembered. Better than a lot of the others out there. I literally just ended up finding out about them last week and bought the hot topic variant. Should be here tomorrow. Didn't see that merchnow had other variants but the hot topic one looked cool anyways. Preordered the double EP LP as well. Great band. I love Growing pains

A couple catchy songs, and quite a few cringe worthy ones.  

I enjoy Losing Teeth for a fun summer song, but that "fuck what they think", or whatever he says makes me cringe.  Growing Pains is pretty good but the intro is fucking annoying.  I still don't get the hype behind these guys, but I'll blast Losing Teeth in my car for the rest of the summer and grit my teeth through the cheesy lyrics.

This album was a letdown. I don't enjoy the production on it, and most of the songs are eh. And that sucks too because my hopes were high, especially after I heard "Crushing Grief (No Remedy)." I don't really get the hype surrounding all of these new pop punk bands (Neck Deep, Real Friends, etc.). The first releases have all excited me, but they are seriously nothing special. All my friends love them too, and I just don't get it. But I guess they're writing relatable lyrics that all the kids can go crazy for and hope to one day have tattooed on their body. That's the recipe for success apparently.

A couple catchy songs, and quite a few cringe worthy ones.  

I enjoy Losing Teeth for a fun summer song, but that "fuck what they think", or whatever he says makes me cringe.  Growing Pains is pretty good but the intro is fucking annoying.  I still don't get the hype behind these guys, but I'll blast Losing Teeth in my car for the rest of the summer and grit my teeth through the cheesy lyrics.

I was unimpressed with the singles for this album. Especially "Growing Pains." I'm biased here, but this is definitely the superior "Growing Pains."

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...