Travis has read through much worse (I.E. Paramore threads). 

But you're right he does have a lot more important things to do than worry about a very small error in a pressing. I'm not so sure that he would even have a full answer on what went wrong or how it was overlooked. But I don't know Travis or the level in which he's involved with all the pressings, so I can't speak for him. But I honestly don't think you're going to get whatever answer it is that you're looking for.

They're going to do...nothing? What, did you think they were going to:

1) make an entirely new plate

2) press 2,700 new records

3) go through their receipts and find everyone who bought one of these, and

4) offer them all new copies?

Or did you think they'd just refund everyone 19.99 for each record?

I don't know what you expect from your question.

Yep, which I had acknowledged if you had read the replies on this page. I'm just saying it'd sure be nice to have an explanation. They've already got everyone's payment, the pressing is sold out, and nobody is going to throw a shit for over it and return their record, because nobody knows when it'll get pressed again, so it's better to have this than nothing. What's the harm in at least addressing it?

Edit: and as to what I'm expecting for an answer: I'm expecting some reassurance that the rest of the test presses in this series will be listened to a bit more closely to avoid it in the future.

Yep. I saw that, too. I'm more talking about the fact that we'll never get an answer as to what happened, and if they plan on doing anything about it. Obviously it was a mistake, that's the worst non-answer answer I've ever heard.

1381807591599.gif

boom. your answer.

Edit: But ya know what, maybe Travis will surprise you. Fingers crossed for you dude.

someone asked hot topic and they said its a mistake

Believe it or not, I have kept up with this shitshow of a thread.

I'm not asking whether or not hot topic made a mistake, I feel as if that was blatantly obvious from the start. As a bit of a completest, I am curious as to where the source file came from as it's not the standard radio edit.

I can write big letters to, ya dingus. It doesn't clarify a thing. lulz.

p.s. I'm not complaining about the mistake. I'll be happy with my copies regardless of what one song I've heard 999,999 bajillion times and usually skip over sounds like.