I feel like S/T and A bit of TOYPAJ fit the bill a little more for that.

My younger brother purchased TOYPAJ when it came out. We liked Stay Together For the Kids, but I think it really connected with my bro more; his mom has just committed suicide (we have the same dad but different moms).

My younger brother purchased TOYPAJ when it came out. We liked Stay Together For the Kids, but I think it really connected with my bro more; his mom has just committed suicide (we have the same dad but different moms).

Yeah man, people view blink as that "joke punk band" but a lot of their stuff really hits home. I'm not sure what I would categorize S/T as because it strayed pretty far from punk. But I think both are really solid records

Yeah man, people view blink as that "joke punk band" but a lot of their stuff really hits home. I'm not sure what I would categorize S/T as because it strayed pretty far from punk. But I think both are really solid records

Neighborhoods really stepped up the maturity from S/T and that's what I loved about it. I just hope they are in the studio together more for the next album

I have seen hot topic selling 7' cant remember what but even the last time I went in they had some. not sure if they are "exclusives" but isn't everything in hot topic their exclusives?

Yea, they stock 7" infrequently.

They have Diamond Youth - Shake on HT Exclusive Blue (I think it's HT Exclusive)

Also, not all of the records they get are HT Exclusive. Some are just retail variants. Or at least the most common.

Most HT exclusive's have a sticker saying that they are indeed an HT exclusive variant.

short bus and lemmings would be awesome on one, would be a completely new press tho.I don't see short bus being repressed at all any time soon, or lemmings. idk if it takes more to get a split re pressed or not but you don't see it often. 

and yes Uranus has too many, but hey whats one more in this world of re-presses? lol

Neighborhoods really stepped up the maturity from S/T and that's what I loved about it. I just hope they are in the studio together more for the next album

I could not agree with you more. Honestly, I categorize myself with the "2nd Gen" blink fans. My favorite records are S/T, TOYPAJ, and Neighborhoods in that order. I don't dislike any of their other stuff it's really fun to listen to. But the maturity I found in those records along with the more serious topics really hit hard for me. I was in a really dark place when Neighborhoods dropped. And none of my friends understand it. But I do love that record. A lot. I know its not "Classic Blink" but S/T was what drew me in, in the first place. I was too young at their prime to enjoy their more raunchy stuff. My first blink song was First Date in a movie called clock stoppers. I was in the third grade I believe

I could not agree with you more. Honestly, I categorize myself with the "2nd Gen" blink fans. My favorite records are S/T, TOYPAJ, and Neighborhoods in that order. I don't dislike any of their other stuff it's really fun to listen to. But the maturity I found in those records along with the more serious topics really hit hard for me. I was in a really dark place when Neighborhoods dropped. And none of my friends understand it. But I do love that record. A lot. I know its not "Classic Blink" but S/T was what drew me in, in the first place. I was too young at their prime to enjoy their more raunchy stuff. My first blink song was First Date in a movie called clock stoppers. I was in the third grade I believe

Clockstoppers yes! That was the same for me! After that movie I was listening to blink whenever I could, even though I was really young lol. But what really got me into Blink was S/T. That is my favorite album by them and in my opinion their best. I know I can't relate to the dark themes of some of the songs like you but my parents are divorced so Stay Together For The Kids will always be a piece of me because of the theme behind that song. 

The poop/sex/fart jokes can be funny sometimes for Blink but it is always nice to see a band change in a sense of maturity and most of the time bands make their best material when they are more mature.

Clockstoppers yes! That was the same for me! After that movie I was listening to blink whenever I could, even though I was really young lol. But what really got me into Blink was S/T. That is my favorite album by them and in my opinion their best. I know I can't relate to the dark themes of some of the songs like you but my parents are divorced so Stay Together For The Kids will always be a piece of me because of the theme behind that song. 

The poop/sex/fart jokes can be funny sometimes for Blink but it is always nice to see a band change in a sense of maturity and most of the time bands make their best material when they are more mature.

tumblr_inline_mrlxkkc8KR1rr7zxj.gif

Call me a loser but I first listened to Box Car Racer about 2 months ago and damn it was a fantastic album from Tom and Travis!

it was really well produced. And I love that Mark was featured on Elevator. He remains to be my favorite member to this day.

+44 Has to be my favorite side project from the trifecta. Again, it's a bit darker, but I like that

I remember listening to BCR for the first time, remember exactly where I was and what I was doing. it was when it first came out.

For me it was last year, I remember hearing "I Feel So" on the radio a lot and it was one of those songs I had shazamed about 15 times but never looked up the band or the name, But I remember thinking that "Voice sounds familiar" and when I finally got the initiative to look into it, it made sense that it had come from the front man of my favorite band hahaha

it was really well produced. And I love that Mark was featured on Elevator. He remains to be my favorite member to this day.

+44 Has to be my favorite side project from the trifecta. Again, it's a bit darker, but I like that

I was sorta surpised to hear Mark on a Tom/Travis project but it was really cool. BCR has a couple favorites for me such as I Feel So and There Is and for +44 I only REALLY like 1 song and that is When Your Heart Stops Beating. I am going to have to sit down and listen to these records a few more times to get a better feel for these projects