Shipping 7" Without 7" Mailer

You can ship it as you would ship a regular LP. Place the record inside a plastic 7" sleeve, tape the sleeve shut and affix it(with more tape) to the inside of your 12" cardboard support. Pack that up as you normally would. You're ready to go!

That's what I thought, I just didn't know if this was considered "shipping taboo" or something.

I usually use a 8x11 thick bubble mailer and use lots of cardboard on the inside.

I received a 7" from In The Red records this way...

1. Cut out 8"x8" cardboard

2. Stick them in the middle of cardboard within bubble mailer

3. Tape the flap down.

It might've been a bubble mailer with less height though... not sure. I scrapped it.

Here's a pretty good candidate. This is for a 7". It actually came in fine shape, somehow. I didn't alter/open the packaging in any way. The pics show it as it was delivered.

Find your copy of "America" by America. Print out your shipping addresses and paste to cover of LP.

xxG6toSl.jpg

You're going to want to secure that 7", so get out the America LP. Tape it to another random LP and make an LP sandwich around the 7".

sWocWb9l.jpg

Place this monstrosity gently into the America sleeve. Be careful not to put ANY tape ANYWHERE. Make it so the LP sandwich could fall out at any moment.

pDNaD9Dl.jpg

Voila. You have now successfully shipped a 7" record.

You could find a worthless LP you own and make an LP sandwich with the 7" inside. But remember to tape up the record jacket so the LP sandwich doesn't fall out  ;)

Just use some cardboard, or cut down an old mailer. These things aint produced by rocket scientists, not a difficult thing to flange together, all DIY style.

just got one from ebaY tonight made from cut out pieces of cardboard folded. It was a bear to open but that record was well protected - totally DIY

bubble wrap that shit and tape it to the inside of the mailer or a cardboard insert. i've also carved flaps out of a cardboard insert on all sides of the 7", but it's kind of hard to explain without pictures. basically, use an xacto knife and cut one-inch flaps into the insert on every side of the 7". fold them up, place the 7". the flaps will be tall enough to keep it from sliding out, and they won't fold back unless your cardboard sucks balls. reinforce with bubbles or more cardboard.

terrible paint drawing:

259kc9e.png

where the arrow points, i meant to write "fold that shit up"