"The Movielife" return to London...

So it has been announced that The Movielife (Vinnie Caruana backed by Set Your Goals) will play Kingston Peel on may 14 and 15.

While many will be over the moon about this, i think it's balls... Granted i had the pleasure of seeing them in all their glory in 02/03 but really have no compulsion to watch the lite version on either of these dates. Think anyone would have given a fuck (admittedly they're in a different league) if Rage had returned without Tom, Brad or Tim? Or would it have seemed like a feeble attempt to breathe life into a frontman's ailing career?

Really like to know what others think about this, would you go to the show? Is it a good idea or is it just shit?

i agree with you partysmasher. sure, the movielife has meant something to A LOT of people. but it's set your goals with vinnie caruana playing movielife songs. i know how bad he wants do to get out and play these songs again, but it just seems like it's a way to breathe life into a guy who's on his way out.

im assuming they are paying him big bucks to come overseas for 2 days. i'm really surprised he's doing this over there. i thought after bamboozle, that'd be it.

There's no way he is gonna get much money out of this at all, the venue is awesome but absolutely tiny and in no way a major one, it's not even in central London... actually it's pretty out the way and the official capacity is about 180...

im assuming they are paying him big bucks to come overseas for 2 days. i'm really surprised he's doing this over there. i thought after bamboozle, that'd be it.

There's no way he is gonna get much money out of this at all, the venue is awesome but absolutely tiny and in no way a major one, it's not even in central London... actually it's pretty out the way and the official capacity is about 180...

oh wow.

i'm still surprised he's doing this still. he made a big deal out of saying that bamboozle was going to be the only time he'd be doing this.

Now if there is a full "Vinnielife" tour of the US I'll see it as a cash grab.

i dont think so, hes been trying to get the movielife guys together for quite a while and hes the only one that wants to do it....he just wants to get back up there and sing those songs again for the kids that loved the movielife

+ i dont think a full US movielife tour would do that well financially

i dont think so, hes been trying to get the movielife guys together for quite a while and hes the only one that wants to do it....he just wants to get back up there and sing those songs again for the kids that loved the movielife

I know I would go to every show within 200 miles of my home town. (Nashville, Atlanta, Birmingham, Memphis, Knoxville etc) I would be fucking stoked.

the bamboozle set was so much fun. i wish it could have been in a smaller setting but ill take what i can get.

completely agree that a movielife tour wouldnt do that well. hardly anyone gave two shits about the band when they were around. the last time tour i remember seeing them on out here was at one of the smaller venues and it was about half sold out. only the time before that their show sold out but that was only because brand new opened for them more than half the crowd left after their set. i still dont know when so many people starting to get a chubby for this band when they were so unappreciated when they were around.

the bamboozle set was so much fun. i wish it could have been in a smaller setting but ill take what i can get.

completely agree that a movielife tour wouldnt do that well. hardly anyone gave two shits about the band when they were around. the last time tour i remember seeing them on out here was at one of the smaller venues and it was about half sold out. only the time before that their show sold out but that was only because brand new opened for them more than half the crowd left after their set. i still dont know when so many people starting to get a chubby for this band when they were so unappreciated when they were around.

that always happens though. people don't give a damn when the band was actually around, but when they are gone for a little bit everyone is all stoked out on them.

that always happens though. people don't give a damn when the band was actually around, but when they are gone for a little bit everyone is all stoked out on them.

see: hot water music and lifetime.

every time i saw them the shows were never sold out, only a handful of people there. people flocked to the orlando, jersey and chicago hwm reunion dates like it was a big spectacular. the same can't be said for lifetime though. around this time last year they were on some shitty tours.

see: hot water music and lifetime.

every time i saw them the shows were never sold out, only a handful of people there. people flocked to the orlando, jersey and chicago hwm reunion dates like it was a big spectacular. the same can't be said for lifetime though. around this time last year they were on some shitty tours.

exactly.