the hobbit 2!

yeah, yikes, just read that shit now.  I have no reason to believe he is a bad person but he definitely said the wrong thing, tried to get himself out of it, and just got himself further fucked.  It's not fair in a way - people are born and raised believing one thing is okay and it's hard to get out of it.  If you're a normal kid or adult, someone will correct you and tell you that's not funny and insensitive and maybe you'll learn.  If you make the mistake and you're on tv or famous, you get the whole world turning their head and hating on you.

He was talking about the possibilities of Hobbits fucking Elves in a fantasy world that doesn't exist...

He was talking about date-raping someone.  Whether it's a fictional someone or not, and whether he'd actually rape someone doesn't matter.  What matters is that people have been raped, and those same people may watch that interview.  So seeing and hearing someone make a joke about a very serious matter, elf or not, is incredibly triggering.

Editing this to say that this is coming from someone who considers themselves a big fan of The Hobbit/LOTR, BBC Sherlock, and Martin Freeman.

Funny seeing peter Jackson first frame of the movie munching on a carrot. Overall this one was way better then the first, the barrel scene was amazing! Kudos to cumberbatch as well!

One thing that annoyed me was showing that the dude still has one more dragon arrow left. It's obvious what's gonna happen next and it would have been better to show it in the next film.

Funny seeing peter Jackson first frame of the movie munching on a carrot. Overall this one was way better then the first, the barrel scene was amazing! Kudos to cumberbatch as well!

One thing that annoyed me was showing that the dude still has one more dragon arrow left. It's obvious what's gonna happen next and it would have been better to show it in the next film.

Yeah, I don't think that detail needed to be exposed during the movie if he wasn't gonna shoot Smaug at the end with it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...