Instagram Record A Day

IanRees

Am I the only one who saves the month record a day picks and when half the month is over I can't find it (buried under vinyl pix) and just wait till someone I follow post what day it is and copy ahahah

In January, I regrammed the original list- I would just refer back to that when I needed to. But since then, I've just relied on my feed to fill me in.

The worst are the assholes who use the tag among the other 9362 hashtags they use to post vinyl.

Anyone else enjoying all the fucked up records today?

I am! I love some good ol, worn down used records.

The record I posted (first press Germs - GI) is in awful shape but it's one of my top 10 records I own. Almost even before my actual listening copy as ridiculous as it sounds.

It's just beat up. It's like it's got a really rough history. Just like Darby crash haha

I am! I love some good ol, worn down used records.

The record I posted (first press Germs - GI) is in awful shape but it's one of my top 10 records I own. Almost even before my actual listening copy as ridiculous as it sounds.

It's just beat up. It's like it's got a really rough history. Just like Darby crash haha

fun fact, my friend from high schools mom lost her virginity to darby

Anyone else enjoying all the fucked up records today?

YES. Just what I was hoping for! I was excited about this day, since I suggested it a few times in this thread. I just thought it'd be funny. Most of us take care of our records and take pride in them, but it's nice to see people being maybe a LITTLE less serious and showing off something they've either played the hell out of, or acquired somehow even though it's not too pretty.

I definitely have some things that I've wound up with over the years that aren't so springtime fresh.

That's incredible. Haha

Actually now that i think about it i have that wrong. She was best friends with Darby and lost her virginity to Sid Vicious. His whole family is like punk rock royalty. His aunt is Kira Roessler (Watt) who played bass in Black Flag, which makes his uncle Mike Watt. His dad played in one of the first LA punk bands, The Screamers, and also played in a band w/ Mark Curry who NOFX's Murder The Government was originally by and the song All His Suits Are Torn is about. His godfather was the founder of Goldenvoice, which was a big ticket company in Southern California.

Their house was the punk hang out spot in high school, needless to say it was fun times growing up there. Till everyone got hooked on heroin.

• 2 weeks later...

April suggestions:

- most elaborate/unique record you own

- shaped disc

- instead of splatter, do smoke or swirl or inside/out

- a "hand-me-down" record (Ie. handed down from someone to yourself)

- female fronted band

I just want to do some things that haven't been done in the last 3 months. I got sick of the repeats this month.

Cool list for April.  Not sure if I'll do it or not yet... did all of Jan., most of Feb., and all of March.  Might need a break.

An idea for a future challenge... not sure how you'd do it, as you'd need 50 days, but it'd been fun to have each day dedicated to a state and people post records of bands/artists from that state. 

Cool list for April. Not sure if I'll do it or not yet... did all of Jan., most of Feb., and all of March. Might need a break.

An idea for a future challenge... not sure how you'd do it, as you'd need 50 days, but it'd been fun to have each day dedicated to a state and people post records of bands/artists from that state.

i do like that idea, maybe i start adding "artist from ..." On future lists