Dallas stores

You can peep around the Half Price Books in the area, but it's really hit or miss. Mostly miss. Flagship store is accessible off of Greenville and has the biggest selection. CD Source is also off of Greenville but I haven't been there in years so I don't even know if they still offer records.

Honestly, if I'm going to go browse, I go to Good Records. If there is another good place in Dallas, I haven't heard of it.

Denton is a pretty far drive from Dallas, but Mad World is a kick ass store for this kind of board's punk/metal stuff. There's also a hidden used gem in there if you take the time out to look for em. I've found Mineral's Power of Failing and Turbonegro's German Pressing for Apocalypse Dudes for like, 10-20 each. The owner said he knew how much they were worth but didn't have the heart to mark them up.

Bills Records and Tapes, if its still open.

i've given that man a lot of my money.

edit: oh, you're home, nevermind.

dallas honestly has some great shops if you know where to go.

good records is a great shop. i haven't been to their new location, but i saw cursive play at their old store back around the time domestica came out.

Good Records was just terrible, perhaps worst shop I've ever been to. Not asked if I needed help once and when I finally did ask a question the employee acted like I was wasting his time. He's probably right though, why sell something to a customer that could potentially spread good word of mouth for your store when you could be updating social media instead?

I forgot the names of the bars we went to, but there was a rad one with an awesome fireplace, stacks of VHS tapes, and the Smiths on the jukebox. I was bummed Strangeways was closed on New Years Day.

I have no idea what the first bar is that you're talking about, but I want to find it. Strangeways is alright. I've only been once, good brew selection. Flying Saucer is my jam though.

The absolute absence of customer service at Good Records doesn't bother me at all. I kind of like being able to walk in there and not be bothered while I browse.

Overall, Dallas fucking blows.

Good Records was just terrible, perhaps worst shop I've ever been to. Not asked if I needed help once and when I finally did ask a question the employee acted like I was wasting his time. He's probably right though, why sell something to a customer that could potentially spread good word of mouth for your store when you could be updating social media instead?

THANK YOU. Most people in Dallas like that shop but it's still the worst one I've been to. Seldom a good selection, always snobbish and rude, always overpriced. I'll find something good there on occasion, but I'd rather support other stores in the region.

Sounds about right. I only go to that store if I ABSOLUTELY have to.

they must have gone to shit with their new location.

they used to be located in deep ellum in a really small store, and tim used to work there all the time.

i thought it was neat to buy records directly from him, and he would always move the record shelves and let bands play in the corner of the store.

I like Good Records because they sell my shit. I can walk in there and find something, no problem.

The only time I've asked for help at Good Records, the girl behind the counter actually went above and beyond for me.

Every other time, I've been left completely alone up until checkout time. I don't get how that's so bad, but that's just me. Books, music, and beer are things I can spend an excessive time browsing, and I don't want to be asked 20 times if I'm "finding everything alright."

Feeling like you're an inconvenience if you do ask about something, I totally get it, but I have yet to experience that there.

Good to know other places in Dallas exist, though.