Recent purchases

hmmm... if it wasn't a buy it now auction then it wasn't me. it was a fluke, i've been looking for it as an auction for a few weeks now to no avail and i just checked 15 mins ago, and there was a buy it now so i said fuck it, tis mine. track one on that cd is godlike. i wish isis and aereogramme had to do a colab ep every two years.

i bought it from hydra head a while ago and they told me i got black vinyl; when i got the package, i opened it up and it was on blue. that made me pretty excited. i agree though that the first song is incredible. i dig that ep way more than the latest album.

also, i had a pretty solid mail day.

black boned angel - supereclipse cd (20 buck spin)

harvey milk - anthem dvd + 3"cd (chunklet)

religious knives - remains cd (no fun)

wolves in the throne room - two hunters cd (southern lord)

prurient - adam tied to stone lp (blossoming noise)

prurient / carlos giffoni - heavy rain returns cd (iDeal)

ash pool - world turns on it's hinge cd (tour de garde)

ash pool - black bondage in the north 7" (paragon)

old man gloom - seminar II 2xLP (magic bullet)

yea. im still giving the TAOT a chance. its obviously talented music. but it just doesn't have that isis magic that i'd come to love. i like the first song pretty well. his vocals in that song remind me of nick hexum from 311, hahaha. but the rest of it just doesn't jump out at me like oceanic and panopticon did.

Guest scriptedrain

Moneen - The Red Tree (White / Red Splatter, #273 / 300) came yesterday. They packed the box with goodies - pins, posters, CDs. I was very surprised and am glad I picked up a copy of this release.

- Jeff

Just placed an order at Insound for these:

Panda Bear - Person Pitch

Beirut - The Flying Club Cup

Beirut - Lon Gisland

Jens Lekman - Nights Fall on Kortedala

Explosions in the Sky - The Earth is not a Cold Dead Place

Very nice. I got Gulag Orkestar about a month ago and have yet to listen to it. I think I'll do that today.

Moneen - The Red Tree (White / Red Splatter, #273 / 300) came yesterday. They packed the box with goodies - pins, posters, CDs. I was very surprised and am glad I picked up a copy of this release.

- Jeff

I got my Moneen on Friday, and it's numbered 290/300. (It's actually numbered 300/300, but then someone scratched out the first 300 and wrote 290 instead -- guess someone must've miscounted! :))

Guest scriptedrain

- Jeff

I got my Moneen on Friday, and it's numbered 290/300. (It's actually numbered 300/300, but then someone scratched out the first 300 and wrote 290 instead -- guess someone must've miscounted! :))

Awesome :) Have you listened to it yet (specifically the D-side track)? I haven't, but I did check out the records themselves, I love the colors, and how well they go with the artwork.

- Jeff

Acid Mothers Temple / Je Suis France 12" split. Important Records is out of the 350 copies of the color but they have a limited to 100 that comes sealed in this silver industrial liner. Pretty cool, still haven't had the balls to open it up.

School of Seven Bells 7", nice yellow wax...good song too.