Bands/Albums you've grown to love

Shinji

Bon Iver...

I bought the self titled cause of all of the hype and I hated it at first, but I kept coming back to it because I felt like there was something I was missing...this past winter I fell in love with it...Whenever I am off I get up early, drink a pot of coffee and watch the snow come down with this record on...

For me that would definitely be Converge. It's kinda weird really...I thought for a long time that their music was just noise, I think I bumped into their music around 3 times throughout 5 years, thinking it was noise each time. Then one day, when I was visiting a friend, she had a song playing on her computer and I was like "What band is that?". She told me it was Converge which surprised me a back then, so I checked the record out with that song on...and slowly I really started to like their music. Nowadays they're one of my favorite bands if not my favorite band.

It took me the longest time to get into La Dispute.

I hadn't actually heard them at all until a friend introduced me to Somewhere during the first month or so of freshman year of college (in 2010, two years after Somewhere had come out). As soon as Jordan started doing his thing, I immediately said, out loud, "what the fuck is this?" and begged him to turn it off. It took me until the following semester to finally just sit down and force myself listen to it.

Needless to say, I was very excited when Wildlife was released the following fall, and am currently super stoked about Rooms of the House.

New or old Flatliners?

I can understand not liking their new stuff initially. I didn't like their new album the first time I listened to it. Now it's my favorite album of theirs.

I'm the opposite. I hated all the ska shit, so when they grew out of that they clicked for me. Love their more "off with their heads-ish" style now adays