More Dance Gavin Dance Vinyl

I just read through the comments on the Facebook announcement, and I really wish I hadn't done that.

My favorite comment that I kept seeing over and over was "Well, there goes the rarity of my box set." Like, shut the fuck up. If you're gonna buy a box set of records just because they're rare and you're never actually going to listen to them, then what's the point in even buying them? So you can post a cute little arranged picture on your social media accounts and then try to sell it on eBay for $200+? So many DGD fans are greedy, ungrateful little assholes.

Anyways, to keep my post on-topic, I think the only one of the albums I'd consider owning more than one copy of is Happiness, because it's my fave. Possibly Acceptance Speech, if they can make a variant better suited to the album cover. Which would be pretty hard to do, honestly.

I just read through the comments on the Facebook announcement, and I really wish I hadn't done that.

My favorite comment that I kept seeing over and over was "Well, there goes the rarity of my box set." Like, shut the fuck up. If you're gonna buy a box set of records just because they're rare and you're never actually going to listen to them, then what's the point in even buying them? So you can post a cute little arranged picture on your social media accounts and then try to sell it on eBay for $200+? So many DGD fans are greedy, ungrateful little assholes.

Anyways, to keep my post on-topic, I think the only one of the albums I'd consider owning more than one copy of is Happiness, because it's my fave. Possibly Acceptance Speech, if they can make a variant better suited to the album cover. Which would be pretty hard to do, honestly.

I get why people are frustrated because they bought something thinking it's rare as fuck and it ends up just being a first press but that is the name of the game these days. I've even had that mentality with shit I would NEVER sell. 

I think most labels will continue repressing albums as long as they'll sell and I think it was obvious the discography would get that treatment.

Glad Acceptance Speech is up first. That's the only one I really want. Might have to grab it.

Haha I read through the comments and seen that as well. Pretty comical.

I get why people are frustrated because they bought something thinking it's rare as fuck and it ends up just being a first press but that is the name of the game these days. I've even had that mentality with shit I would NEVER sell.

I think most labels will continue repressing albums as long as they'll sell and I think it was obvious the discography would get that treatment.

Do you happen to have additional info on the repress variants? Like price to expect. I would personally love Happiness and Self-titled with the original cover art

Do you happen to have additional info on the repress variants? Like price to expect. I would personally love Happiness and Self-titled with the original cover art

For the most part we are in the dark as far as the merchandising goes. I assume the individuals will be under $22 since Rise is really good about pricing. I'm just hoping for some gatefold action this time around and different variants. 

As someone who owns the box set I couldn't care less that they were pressing more. I mean we've known for a while now this was coming. It's never a bad thing when people don't have to turn to the second hand market for things, and as someone who just likes to listen to the music I'm happy with my purchase. Labels like DW do it right, you got something for every kind of collector and most albums are readily available.

For the most part we are in the dark as far as the merchandising goes. I assume the individuals will be under $22 since Rise is really good about pricing. I'm just hoping for some gatefold action this time around and different variants.

Will just have to see this week then. Gatefold would be amazing. Get "Pussy Vultures" on the Acceptance Speech repress ;)