PO - The Hold Steady - Teeth Dreams

MerchNow also emailed me telling me couldn't get gold, I said whatever just the black was fine (I had ordered both the black and the gold). Got the order friday and they sent me ONLY the gold record and no black. Hurts my brain. Also, I placed the order the day the record came out and got it that quick... good for me, bummer for anyone who pre-ordered 

By the way - have gotten in touch with MerchNow and they're waiting to hear from Razor & Tie as to what exactly is going to be done about these bunk gold presses. Am told the label isn't being terribly cooperative...

Not surprising the label would balk a bit - there's no way they have very many gold copies lying around and I suspect they have enough complaints that it would require them to do a whole new gold run to satisfy everybody.  I'm thinking I should maybe grab a black copy in the interim.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm pretty angry right now.

I pre ordered the gold version the day it went live. Got my order confirmation and say back and waited for my gold copy.

Around release date some of you began getting your copies. I waited a week or so and then emailed merch now asking why I had not received any shipping confirmation. They apologized and said due to over whelming demand it was taking them longer to send order then they anticipated but mine would go out soon.

I didn't want to be "that guy" so I patiently waited. Went and checked the site a few times and saw they updated the hold steady pre orders with a message saying their were problems and they were awaiting more albums. No biggie.

On RSD I saw the album in my local store and was like ok I've had enough I want to know what's going on. Emailed again and they just said well we don't have any gold lps left. You should have been notified of this but you weren't so do you want us to send you a black copy when we get them in stock.

I guess it's whatever since apparently the gold doesn't sound good. But I'm having then cancel my order. I'll get it locally or something rather then deal with merch now again

By the way - have gotten in touch with MerchNow and they're waiting to hear from Razor & Tie as to what exactly is going to be done about these bunk gold presses. Am told the label isn't being terribly cooperative...

I just e-mail Merch Now too.  These records have so much surface noise, its ridiculous. 

Everyone else who has gold copies feels the same way, right? 

Response from MerchNow:

Hi,

I purchased the Hold Steady's new album 'Teeth Dreams' on gold vinyl from you (order number 2483785).  The records seems to have a massive amount of surface noise despite me cleaning them multiple times.  Is this a problem with the entire pressing or just the records I received?

Let me know.

Thanks,

NK

------------------------------------------------

Hello,
I’m so very sorry to hear that your LP had sound quality issues!
Unfortunately, this is an issue that has been brought to our attention by many customers.
We have been in contact with the record label on this matter and they are offering a BLACK version of this LP as a replacement for anyone who is interested.
If you would like, I’ll have your order placed on that list and once they arrive to our warehouse in May, I’d be happy to send you one!
However, if you want a refund on this item, I can do that too.
Again, I apologize for this inconvenience,

Please let us know what you would like to do,
Jenny

Jenny,

Thanks so much for your prompt reply and attention to this issue.

I love the album, so I would be happy with a black replacement.  Please add me to the list!

Thanks

Hello Again,
Your order has been placed aside to received the black version.
Please keep in mind that we are not expecting to have this item until early May.
An exact date hasn’t been given but once they arrive we will be working on sending all of these orders out.

Have a great day!
Jenny

Saw them in Toronto. One of the best shows I've ever seen. Played everything off Boys and Girls except for Same Kooks, Party Pit, Citrus and Chillout Tent, Magazines-Constructive Summer-Memphis and Stay Positive off Stay Positive, first four off the new record, Sweet Part of the City and Weekenders off Heaven and then Hoodrat Friend and probably four or so more off the early stuff. Excellent show, sounded better than ever

Anyone seen them recently. I'll be going to their Summerfest set.

I caught the first show of the tour and been seeing the setlists for most shows since then. The show was amazing, Craig was in top form and they were great with Tad and Steve on guitar. Set list has been varying some with 5 or 6 songs being different every night. New songs are better live than on album.

Response from MerchNow:

Hi,

I purchased the Hold Steady's new album 'Teeth Dreams' on gold vinyl from you (order number 2483785).  The records seems to have a massive amount of surface noise despite me cleaning them multiple times.  Is this a problem with the entire pressing or just the records I received?

Let me know.

Thanks,

NK

Hello,

I’m so very sorry to hear that your LP had sound quality issues!

Unfortunately, this is an issue that has been brought to our attention by many customers.

We have been in contact with the record label on this matter and they are offering a BLACK version of this LP as a replacement for anyone who is interested.

If you would like, I’ll have your order placed on that list and once they arrive to our warehouse in May, I’d be happy to send you one!

However, if you want a refund on this item, I can do that too.

Again, I apologize for this inconvenience,

Please let us know what you would like to do,

Jenny

Jenny,

Thanks so much for your prompt reply and attention to this issue.

I love the album, so I would be happy with a black replacement.  Please add me to the list!

Thanks

Hello Again,

Your order has been placed aside to received the black version.

Please keep in mind that we are not expecting to have this item until early May.

An exact date hasn’t been given but once they arrive we will be working on sending all of these orders out.

Have a great day!

Jenny

Damn, I picked this up for my brothers birthday.  I saw the comments about people complaining about sound quality but didn't think there was anything they could / would do.  Now I guess I'll have to check with him and see if he notices the sound quality issues too.

• 1 month later...