PO Sport "Bon Voyage"

The test presses are just being approved (see image). I remember reading a post saying they expect to have these available for shipping at the end of March. Not sure about US distributors but they do have quite a lot of them, if Colors was anything to go by. I'd imagine US will see this later though, unless of course you want to pay the extra shipping.

2u9hgrl.png

This is such an amazing album, really looking forward to it also.

• 2 weeks later...

Is that like a huge pressing for this band is or is that just me?

Well considering that two dozen labels put money towards this I imagine each label will want copies. Also if it sold out quickly then money would have to be gathered from all the labels again which would be a hassle.

Is that like a huge pressing for this band is or is that just me?

I wondered that as well, however they have sold out of the first press of Colors (/617), and they continue to sell through the 2nd press /1000, hence the third press /525, so there must be demand. They must have put a bigger order in this time round to save money long term.

Anyone else order this yet?  Which did you get?

I went for the white/black splatter, it doesn't look much of a splatter but I like it. 

I wondered that as well, however they have sold out of the Orange press of their first LP Colors (/617), and they continue to sell through their 2nd press /1000, and have also just released a third press /525, so there must be demand. They must have put a bigger order in this time round to save money long term.

I went for the white/black splatter, it doesn't look much of a splatter but I like it.

Interesting, I don't know much about the band but that's cool to hear.

• 3 weeks later...

Apparently Kiss of Death is very confused. They just posted a comment on their original post for the album (from Dec 19,2013) saying the following:

"Tests are not in from plant. We dont usually launch a pre order without all the parts being in house."

The band's own posts would suggest that not only are tests approved, but the records have been manufactured...unless they did colored test presses. Now I'M confused.

Just got clarification from Bryon. It all makes more sense now.

"Hey ____, Sorry, let me clarify, to save on shipping costs form mainland europe the band is dropping them off after tour to a friend in Germany who is in the Military. They could not get them to him until after tour so I was hesitant to put up the pre-order as I am not sure when I will actually have the records in my possession, I hoping to have them in a couple of weeks, but did not want to keep everyone hanging... I guess I will maybe just put the pre-order up with all this info... sorry for any confusion - thanks Bryon"

Album is nice

Agreed, really digging this. No matter how I set up my table though, I get so much sibilance on 'Jaques Mayol', the last track on the first side. The cymbals and vocals are just a distorted mess, it's my favourite track as well. Do you notice any clarity issues there?

Seeing them tonight in Leeds, gonna pick up another copy and see how that plays.