Heavy Blanket - Live at Tym Guitars - - J Mascis Fans

apirk

This up /200 purple

http://www.outerbatteryrecords.com/products/heavy-blanket-live-at-tym-guitars

Coming to you straight from our good friends at Tym Records in Australia, it's Heavy Blanket's "Live at Tym Guitars" LP! An insanely limited pressing of just 200 numbered copies on purple vinyl, with stunning cover art by Arik Roper, the man behind such classic album covers as both versions of Sleep's Dopesmoker. We also have a handful (and we mean a handful) of these on red vinyl. This record will not be repressed so don't miss your chance to get a copy!

Back in March 2013 while Dinosaur Jr were on tour in Australia, j stopped by the shop to play an intimate and very loud instore as his alter ego Heavy Blanket. Bringing heavy psych, guitar solos and noise - lots of noise - together in an amalgam of pure music, it was the first time anywhere that Heavy Blanket had performed live. 

Bringing everything together on March 14th at Tym guitars in Brisbane, Australia the result was something to behold. The shop was packed and the stage was set up with over 300W's of valve power just for j to wail through while Graham had fourteen 10"s speakers pumping out the bass. 
The result is 25 minutes of volume and screeching Jazzmaster backed by a heavy, driving rhythm section. The show was professionally recorded to 16 track and captured for future generations to be in awe of.

I really don't like this label. Just throwing it out there haha

I don't know why, the few records they've released have been great. Plus, through their relationships with other labels and J they are able to get some rarer variants. This record was originally 20 AUD, without looking at the conversion rate or shipping from Australia I am going to guess that it is probably pretty close to the $34 total Outter Battery charged, they really didn't set the price on this.

• 2 months later...