PO: The Horrors - Luminous

This track didn't hit me the same way the previous debut singles did, although i feel this is stronger than most of Skying

Very excited for this, The Horrors have been one of my favourites for a very long time so i am in for the deluxe for sure 

Edit-

From XL's Webstore

Deluxe Dbl LP comes in a gatefold jacket with printed inner sleeves and are pressed on 180 gram vinyl 

thats not very deluxe...

• 2 months later...

Did anyone else listen to the leak? The stream's coming out today, I think. I was pretty underwhelmed by it to be honest, which is a shame because The Horrors are one of my favorite bands out there at the moment. I think a lot of the songs have potential for a live setting, though.

100% agree, it seems like a very safe release by pretty much following the formula they established on Skying. 

So Now You Know and I see You are the strongest tracks i feel. 

Regardless, my store has ordered a Deluxe edition that apparently comes with a single sided 7". I haven't seen this listed anywhere else so i am curious to see what will come of it 

This is up on spotify now, gave it a listen last night and not sure if I like it or not to be honest. The singles are great though. I think it may be a grower (best albums normally take 3 or 4 listens for me to start appreciating them) so will reserve judgement until Ive listened to it some more. Having said that Primary Colours and Skying hit me immediately. Hopefully it grows on me, I really rate the horrors, and they are also sweet live.

This is up on spotify now, gave it a listen last night and not sure if I like it or not to be honest. The singles are great though. I think it may be a grower (best albums normally take 3 or 4 listens for me to start appreciating them) so will reserve judgement until Ive listened to it some more. Having said that Primary Colours and Skying hit me immediately. Hopefully it grows on me, I really rate the horrors, and they are also sweet live.

Yeah, I think that's what got me on this one. There was no immediate "wow" moment like when I listened to Primary Colours and Skying for the first time. (That and I consider PC to be one of my top 5 albums ever, so it's pretty hard to beat for me.)