Max Richter - Memoryhouse (reissue 2xLP white)

nelso330

I emailed DG a few weeks back when I heard about those re-issues...a lady responded saying no vinyl releases planned on those! Damn!

But like Richter says on FB, let's comment and hope for it!!

There may not be a tentative schedule for getting them pressed, but Richter and gang are currently buzzing with the label and discussing the possibilities.  I think they're slowly becoming aware of the interest, and won't leave their fanbase hanging.  They said something like "details are being hammered out" which at least points to an effort being made on their part.  I'll gladly take that over "no releases planned".

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi all: can anyone confirm which of the 2014 vinyl re-pressings (if not both) is WITHOUT the surface noise?

https://www.discogs.com/Max-Richter-Memoryhouse/master/178349

According to the reviews, BBCLJ30022 definitely has surface noise. I just picked up a sealed copy of lp13-09xb, but I'm afraid to open it in case it also has noise.

Will the record jump out of the sleeve and bite you? Just open it and find out. 

I dont know whats going on with Deutsche Grammophon or whoever is re-releasing these Max Richter records, I have had surface noise problems with all of them (after multiple wet cleanings), even after getting the replacements. Will pick up Songs From Before on monday and I bet its the same.

I'm afraid that I'm unable to return it once it's been opened!

In other news, I did just see the news about Songs from Before, so I'm very happy about that!

Will the record jump out of the sleeve and bite you? Just open it and find out. 

I dont know whats going on with Deutsche Grammophon or whoever is re-releasing these Max Richter records, I have had surface noise problems with all of them (after multiple wet cleanings), even after getting the replacements. Will pick up Songs From Before on monday and I bet its the same.