PO: Wavves - V (NOW, ships 10/02) GO! (first 500 on color)

Yeah I'm a little iffy on an October pre-order. I can see this being delayed till Christmas with the way things go nowadays.

With black friday coming up soon after it would not be a surprise at all.

Which colour would you buy and which would you not?

Ha. I was not aiming for a constructive comment at all, as I'm sure you noticed. It just seems usual for labels to not specify colours lately, but instead play the 'there's a limited number for x amount of FIRST buyers, GO !" game. Getting to be a bit of a pet peeve of mine.

I really admire labels that don't do the pre-order thing at all. It's more than a rarity these days but it just seems way less headache to just throw the product up when it's finished. But then again I understand that, if it's unlimited, pre-orders can give the label a way to gouge interest for the release.

Weak collector heart of mine is just so tired of waiting on these pre-pre-pre-pre-orders. -_-

Thanks, ordered! New track is great.

Where's the new track, what's it called? More interested in how this is going to sound than what color the special edition is. Though I still would like to have that information as well. I really liked the last album but didn't care for the Cloud Nothings collab.

Edit: Found the new track "Way Too Much" here on P4K http://pitchfork.com/news/60434-wavves-details-new-album-v/

• 2 months later...

Disappointed in this album compared to Afraid of Heights. Seems less mature and a bit more straight up pop-punk. Surfiness is still present but subtle. Just not really into it. 

i think the album is pretty good. but it does seem a little simpler. got shipping yesterday for the vinyl, which the fulfillment company does not know the color lol.

• 2 weeks later...

I preordered right when they became available and still received a black variant, yet local record shops here have the colored one.

Pretty bummed about that and requested a return.

just send them an email and im sure they will send you a colored copy.

pretty bummed that the "indie exclusive" is the same color as the first 500 pre-orders.