VC Fantasy Hockey League

Proposing for next year a minimum 3 goalie appearances a week. Didn't realize there was no minimum appearances until I saw 1st place was rolling one goalie. I don't know how others feel about it in the league but I'd like to at least put it forth as a potential rule change to be voted on. 

Proposing for next year a minimum 3 goalie appearances a week. Didn't realize there was no minimum appearances until I saw 1st place was rolling one goalie. I don't know how others feel about it in the league but I'd like to at least put it forth as a potential rule change to be voted on.

I don't mind the 1 minimum but you're definitely right that if you get lucky with one good game in the beginning of the week, you can roll through the week with good GAA and save pct. Maybe a minimum of 2 appearances? I'd worry that there are times when a team is rolling with their backup and you anticipate multiple starts but get only one in a week. One other option would be to count goalie appearances as a category, which would make it harder to just roll with one goalie.

My other league has done 3 starts minimum and it's been great at making sure people draft goalies, pay attention to who is starting and sort of balances out peoples rosters and gives everyone a chance to compete every year. 

It would obviously be up to the league to see how they feel about it