360 vs PS3

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

PS3 doubles as the best Bluray player on the market, because its firmware is upgradable unlike the rest of the players out there. Bluray= the winner of the hi def war, so if you're looking to future proof, get the PS3. Also, the 360 has that massive power brick and the fan runs constantly, and it was designed by Microsoft.

The PS3 still does not have very many games it seems, at least no big market games. It will eventually turn into an RPG gamer's machine just like the PS2 did. The 360 will be a FPS just like the xbox was. So it's pretty much your choice since they will get the same sports games and GTA-style games. Also do you want to pay to play on like for 360, or play for free on the PS3.

I say just take a look at what sort of games will be coming out when you decide to get one and the months following and base your choice on that. They are pretty much two separate gamers choices. I have a 360 and am not happy with it since I'm an RPG gamer, and I bought it for like the 3 it has so far since the ps3 has none yet but a ton in development.

Personally, I went with the 360:

• [*:es5q6x7w]More games (and better exclusives).
    [*:es5q6x7w]Achievements/Gamer Scores add to replay value.
    [*:es5q6x7w]Xbox Live has more people on it and is generally a smoother experience.
    [*:es5q6x7w]Xbox Marketplace (demos, add-ons, etc.) generally releases shit before PS3.

(PS3 isn't bad either -- looks like a better value since it comes with a Blu-ray player [i.e., more disc capacity for games] and built-in wireless. Plus, I think PS3's have a lower failure rate than the 360's and generally run quieter.)

ps3 online is no match for xbox live though. i would gladly pay for xbox live. anyway, i have a 360 and my brother has a ps3 and i never play his console. all of my friends have picked 360 over ps3 as well, and none regret it.

360 without any hesitations...

to what mediocore said, ill add ;

*the multi-platform games look much better on 360 90% of the time. sometimes its only the framerate sometimes its the texture resolution too or the overall technical display

*achievements, its already mentioned but we never talk enough about them, ive found that beside letting you compare the size or your ** with others, it actually make the games last longer and more fun in many cases. but its really all in the hands of the dev who decides if theyll have you do crazy stuff or just reward you for completing the game

*not only the stuff comes out early for xbox marketplace, but its generally faster bandwidth-wise too

*they dont fail so much, mine did it 3 times so far but ive had it since day one and the return process never took more than a week and a half.

sony has a decent machine too, blu-ray, metal gear and i just bought Pixeljunk Monsters im glad to see they have killer apps for the arcade/download type but as a first console, the 360 wins by far.. if you want a 2nd one.. then you have a real choice between wii & ps3

we got rid of the Wii and got a PS3

Wii is fun but not really a 1p unit. went for the ps3 simply cos of blu ray and play for free. 360 is cheaper but that tenner a month for online will soon bump it up

also, i think my controller is fucked cos the damn thing wont stay charged for more than 15 minutes

i dont have either, so im not voting...

but i am looking to get a 360.

if you're going to get a 306 though hold out for the Jasper model that is coming out this summer. It new chipset is supposed to have fixed most of the red ring errors. And there is a possibility that when it comes out, there will be a pricedrop...

I have both and I like both of them.

If you want a blu-ray player or are considering buying blu-rays, then of course get the PS3.

The main this is that you should look at the exclusive games and buy the system that has more of the exclusive games that you want.

XBox Live is better, but you also have to pay about $50 a year for it, so you get what you pay for.

The achievements / gamerscore for the 360 are neat, but I wouldn't say that's any type of deal breaker.

In the end, go for the games you'd like to play.

I think both have their perks, which is why I have both. I like the interface with the 360 more, and they have a better game selection right now, but in the next year or two, I imagine that will no longer be the case. 360 might be the system to have right now, but I think PS3 is probably the system of the future. The Blu-Ray player alone makes it worth having, even if you have a 360 already. The PS3 isn't exactly stealthy, but it's a LOT quieter than the 360. That thing is ridiculously loud.