PO: Sum 41- Chuck

Guest s0uthard

Ugh $26.50.

Yeah, the price is steep, but if you think about it, it is the same price as SRC with shipping. Assuming that you buy it in the physical store that is haha.

True. SRC still has them available I believe.

Its literally the same pressing except HT's is red. 

I hate that SRC's aren't in the jacket, they're separate and in a plastic sleeve. Annoys me a little.

would you rather have your jackets arrive with seam splits and ring wear?

True. SRC still has them available I believe.

Its literally the same pressing except HT's is red. 

I hate that SRC's aren't in the jacket, they're separate and in a plastic sleeve. Annoys me a little.

Hot Topics are packaged the exact same way. this is great actually, in the stroe you can inspect the vinyl before purchase.

would you rather have your jackets arrive with seam splits and ring wear?

Yea, that was the dumbest complaint of all time. Once it gets to you then you are more than welcome to put it in the jacket...

Its dumb to have a personal preference? 

And i have rarely ever had a problem with a messed up jacket and split seams. However when I ordered from SRC and the vinyl came out of the jacket I did get one with a chip in it, so I'm sorry that I like the vinyl to be in the jacket. 

I didn't say it was a big deal, more that I don't like it that way.

Its dumb to have a personal preference? 

And i have rarely ever had a problem with a messed up jacket and split seams. However when I ordered from SRC and the vinyl came out of the jacket I did get one with a chip in it, so I'm sorry that I like the vinyl to be in the jacket. 

I didn't say it was a big deal, more that I don't like it that way.

I had a similar issue. Hoping it was a one off kind of thing.

I had a similar issue. Hoping it was a one off kind of thing.

That could have happened at any point in the manufacturing/shipping process. You can't blame it on the record and sleeve being outside the jacket during shipping. You pretty much can always blame split seams on the record being shipped inside the jacket though.

That could have happened at any point in the manufacturing/shipping process. You can't blame it on the record and sleeve being outside the jacket during shipping. You pretty much can always blame split seams on the record being shipped inside the jacket though.

I see that. I had a lot more go wrong with that order than a chip. They gladly replaced that record though. Good people. Just an awful experience.

This.  Not that your (theshanextm's) opinion is invalid... but it kinda is, because of this.

A properly packed record cannot get chipped while shipped, regardless of the LP being in/out of the sleeve.  Except for catastrophic damage to the package as a whole, in which case it doesn't matter if it's in or out of the sleeve anyway.  However, a properly packed record can get seem splits if the LP is in the sleeve.

Logic therefore dictates that it's always better to ship the LP outside of the sleeve, hence why you'll find that nearly everyone here insists on this being done, and hence why a lot of labels (SRC included, it seems) makes this the de facto standard even if not requested.

EDIT:  That, and if you have the LP shipped outside of the jacket and the jacket arrives with seem splits then you (and more importantly, the label) know that the splits happened prior to shipping and you could ask for a replacement (if you're that type of person).

This.  Not that your (theshanextm's) opinion is invalid... but it kinda is, because of this.

A properly packed record cannot get chipped while shipped, regardless of the LP being in/out of the sleeve.  Except for catastrophic damage to the package as a whole, in which case it doesn't matter if it's in or out of the sleeve anyway.  However, a properly packed record can get seem splits if the LP is in the sleeve.

Logic therefore dictates that it's always better to ship the LP outside of the sleeve, hence why you'll find that nearly everyone here insists on this being done, and hence why a lot of labels (SRC included, it seems) makes this the de facto standard even if not requested.

EDIT:  That, and if you have the LP shipped outside of the jacket and the jacket arrives with seem splits then you (and more importantly, the label) know that the splits happened prior to shipping and you could ask for a replacement (if you're that type of person).

I get what you're saying.

"Hate" was probably a strong word in my initial post.

This may be more of a Hot Topic display thing, but the jackets of the Sum 41 and Finch records they had weren't in that great of condition compared to the fully wrapped ones. They just came off as used instead of new.

I get what you're saying.

"Hate" was probably a strong word in my initial post.

This may be more of a Hot Topic display thing, but the jackets of the Sum 41 and Finch records they had weren't in that great of condition compared to the fully wrapped ones. They just came off as used instead of new.

Hot topic doesn't have a standard vinyl display method (that I've noticed). They shift things around as needed when stock levels rise/fall. And the clientele being mostly teenage kids doesn't help their records stay in great condition. I've seen plenty of sealed and non sealed records in rough shape at my local store.