How much is too much?

I'm really proud that I have never spend over $50 for one record including shipping.  Can't say I never tried but I haven't. Maybe it's because I'm poor or that I got all of my rare of Montreal stuff before it was super hard to find.

there are some that are so tempting but I can't afford to spend that much. I'll eventually bite the bullet on a few tbh

this is not including box sets obviously right?

"I have never spent more than $50 on a record, blah blah blah..."

Sounds like you need to listen to better music...

Edit: that was a general quote, not about anyone in particular.

I'm still hoping for Sara Bareillies to repress her first two albums, becasue they currently go for upwards of $125. I can't justify that right now as mcn as I love her music

I got so lucky on Deadformat last year and found someone who sold me Little Voice for $27. I had looked for that one forever. I hope one turns up for you!

When I was much younger I used to shell out ebay prices. My biggest purchase was Deja Entendu by Brand New and while I'm happy I've had it for the past couple of years, I would never have made that purchase today. Most of the time I consider popping it up for 0.99 and just waiting for a repress.

These days I never want to pay above what the record actually went for.

How much are we willing to spend on "that" record.

I only ask because I recently shelled out over $200 for my "white whale" and I want to not feel like an idiot.

Asking how much is too much to pay for a record is a question that doesn't make sense to me.  If it's your "white whale" record, then only you can answer that question.  I bought 2 different "white whale" records myself.  One was the Huntingtons - High School Rock that I paid $50 for and the Sex Pistols - Nevermind the Bollocks (1st pressing) for $150 and I don't regret either one damn bit because if I can help it I will own those until the day I die.  If you were asking if $25 is too much to pay for a Whopper from Burger King, well.....that would be a different story.

It doesn't even matter because in 20 years all these shitty $150-300 Pokemon records of today will be in dollar bins everywhere.

My big purchases are all old English/U.S. punk records from the 70's and 80's.

Well done sir! One day I hope to procure many of the same types of records...non-repress style.

$250, have spent over $100 multiple times.

Same here. I have several records in the $100 range, but went nuts and spent $250 on a test pressing once. I don't regret it at all, since it was out of four or five copies and I seriously doubt another will ever be up for sale. The money went one of the band members who had it in his possession since the LP was pressed around 20 years ago, so I don't feel too bad about it. 

I ended up getting two or three other tests from him as well. The joys of being young and having a ton of disposable income.

I wouldn't spend big bucks on any "new" stuff.

But what if it is 5up3r L1m1t3dz vinylszzzzzz /100 on super splatter dumbass colorways?!?!

:rolleyes: