FS: All of it, I suppose.

This place is so funky, lol.  When a random person comes in with a tradelist, people make sure to mention how flipping is bad, how we're a community that helps one another, how eBay prices are ridiculous, etc. etc... but then someone makes a thread like this and people are defending "getting the top dollar" on a sale.  It's just interesting how that works sometimes here.

Also, just think about it.  Is it worth breaking up your Brand New collection that you possibly took quite some time to build, or letting go of some of those crazy rare records?  If it isn't worth it to you, maybe you should create a set sale list of records that you'd be down to sell, or maybe you should choose one or two of those records you know people covet and let go of those as well.  Just think about it.  Selling records is awesome when you get a great return on them, when you end up with hundreds of dollars in your paypal account, but it also really does suck when you let go of records you love and then never get them back.

100% agree.  On both accounts.  Though just cuz a few are saying gouge the price it's unfair to say the "community." Regardless, my suggestion is the same.  I would make a list of what you are going to sell.  You said you just don't want to pay to move it.  The most coveted stuff wont be more than a box to take.  So to save your inbox from getting full lol I would just say "xxxx" is off limits, and this is coming from the guy who sent you plenty of offers ahah Good luck on the move man!

This place is so funky, lol.  When a random person comes in with a tradelist, people make sure to mention how flipping is bad, how we're a community that helps one another, how eBay prices are ridiculous, etc. etc... but then someone makes a thread like this and people are defending "getting the top dollar" on a sale.  It's just interesting how that works sometimes here.

There are so many factors that go into this, though.  Seeing a VC-regular on the fence about selling a rare record that he cherishes - purchased 10 years ago - is a night & day difference from some new-jack joining and trying to sell Circa Survive represses that are still in stock.  I've said it before, but if someone is looking for eBay prices, they should be offering ~10% less than premium eBay rates.  That way, they get to pocket 100% of the payment (and avoid the ~10% fees) and save their buyer a bit of money.  If they're not willing to do that, there's absolutely zero point in buying from them vs. eBay.  From a buyer's standpoint, it's a total wash.

Saving eBay asking prices for eBay listings also avoids wasting time; both your potential buyers' and your own.  If I were in Ryan's shoes and wanted $300 for my sealed Deja - no more, and no less - I'd list it as a BIN on eBay, or sell it for ~$270 PPD here on the boards.  I'd make that pretty clear upfront, as to avoid disappointment or confusion from people thinking they can cop it for $60.  I don't view that as "flipping", even if it's a profitable course of action.  To me, that's selling something that's become rare over time, that you've personally placed a high value on.  Completely different from someone trying to unload Blink-182 splatter vinyl.

Digging the change of title post.

Seriously, it will make this process so much less difficult for you if you just put together a list of what you're willing to let go of, and starting from there.  I know my collection isn't as valuable as others, but I do this same thing--- I post my list on here, and then I cringe when the first message I get is for a Senses Fail record I really love, or some other record I spent entirely too much on that people will undoubtedly offer less than what I paid, or ask "what's the price on that record?"

If you can't get what you're looking for on the items you decide you're down to sell, I'd recommend looking through the rest of the records you have, and maybe thinning out a couple variants or selling a high priced item to reach your goal, because it may be a record you love, but you'd be selling one record you love and achieving the price goal you want versus selling 10 records you own to reach the same price goal.  It's just a lot to think about.  Selling records, especially when you really don't want to sell them but kinda have to, is tough to do.