FS: All of it, I suppose.

instead of losing track of who's offering what, i'm going to make a more focused effort to sell my collection.

90% of the responses today were for records that someone might have to pry from me. 

so in the next day or so, i'm going to list everything that i am ready to part with and i'll have a better idea of pricing when that happens.

the messages i've received today have been overwhelming, embarrassing, and flattering. i look forward to doing some emotional business with y'all.

you guys are wasting no time going for my brand new collection i see.. trying to kill me nice and quick?

i should make it clear that my brand new and kevin devine collections are very, very dear to me, and i'm having a real hard time even considering letting them go. i've worked damn hard to acquire a lot of this stuff, and i won't be selling deja for $60 just because "hey i like vc it's cool y'all!"

if you're serious about kevin devine or brand new records, please give me something to actually consider. lowballing doesn't work when there's competition.

i would say i'm more than likely to go the ebay route with this stuff, because i know what the value is, and i'm not really in a position to leave money on the table.

sorry if i sound like a jerk..

also, i may have 2 copies of deja, but i promise you, no one wants the first copy. it was the first record i ever bought, and it shows.

it really depends on the item. a majority of my collection is pre-owned or just generally easy to find, so i'm certainly not trying to gouge anyone on that stuff. 

as for the rarer stuff i have- i've only really held on to the albums that are important to me. so when i get messages asking about the dear hunter and as tall as lions, i cry on the inside a little bit. it's going to be really hard to let a lot of these records go, and the only way to soften that blow is with the right price.

and if i'm not responding to you immediately, it's probably because i've gotten multiple messages on the same records. i don't plan on just selling everything today.. gonna need to play the market a bit.

If you need the money, Ryan, I'd definitely throw that sealed Deja on eBay before a potential repress is announced.  Just a clean, simple, no-reserve auction would benefit you a great deal.  I wasn't even strapped for cash when I parted with mine, but decided that $300 - $500 was worth taking for a record that I'll probably be able to re-purchase for $25 at some point.

some people on this site have a major problem with supply and demand with records.  if you can get 300 on a record, you should be getting 300 for that record.  that's the way the world works.  the economy is too bad to not try to get what you can for something.  

which copy of explosions - earth is not a cold dead place do you have?  gatefold or the normal sleeve version?

My heart would hurt if I sold a collection like that as well.

Hope you're able to get rid of the bulk and get a decent amount of cash while being able to still hang on to the few that really mean something to you.

that's been the hardest part about fielding all of these responses. do i REALLY want to do this? i mean, 75% of my collection is just whatever. of course none of that is what people are after..

some people on this site have a major problem with supply and demand with records.  if you can get 300 on a record, you should be getting 300 for that record.  that's the way the world works.  the economy is too bad to not try to get what you can for something.  

which copy of explosions - earth is not a cold dead place do you have?  gatefold or the normal sleeve version?

non-gatefold

This place is so funky, lol.  When a random person comes in with a tradelist, people make sure to mention how flipping is bad, how we're a community that helps one another, how eBay prices are ridiculous, etc. etc... but then someone makes a thread like this and people are defending "getting the top dollar" on a sale.  It's just interesting how that works sometimes here.

Great list, is Brand New even worth $$$ in CD form?  I have the Jesus CD and it's been sitting in my closet for years, other than the one time when I put it in my computer to digitalize the songs on the CD.  I bought it on interpunk I think as a throw in with a couple shirts I was buying.

Also, just think about it.  Is it worth breaking up your Brand New collection that you possibly took quite some time to build, or letting go of some of those crazy rare records?  If it isn't worth it to you, maybe you should create a set sale list of records that you'd be down to sell, or maybe you should choose one or two of those records you know people covet and let go of those as well.  Just think about it.  Selling records is awesome when you get a great return on them, when you end up with hundreds of dollars in your paypal account, but it also really does suck when you let go of records you love and then never get them back.

This place is so funky, lol. When a random person comes in with a tradelist, people make sure to mention how flipping is bad, how we're a community that helps one another, how eBay prices are ridiculous, etc. etc... but then someone makes a thread like this and people are defending "getting the top dollar" on a sale. It's just interesting how that works sometimes here.

I always believe in getting top value for your items if that is what you want. I really don't care if "the community" likes it or feels like they deserve a deal because they just happen to post on VC.

The whole put it on eBay if you want eBay prices argument is stupid. Maybe I don't feel like dealing with fees and global punishers and I just want to sell it here...if you have problem with that, cool. I still don't give a shit.