I couldn't find a thread on this anywhere, the title says it all.

So here I go.

The Wendy Williams show is absolutely insufferable.  Every morning my co-worker puts it on in the office and I have to live through it every morning.  I'd love to be able to put headphones in, but I have to take phone calls every now and then so I am stuck.  Women gossiping about celebrities, shoe cams, ugh!!!!

They should rename that show to:  "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

because Wendy Williams kind of looks like a man and every person in her audience hangs on every word she says and would probably do anything she would ask.  God bless the pour soul of the one random guy I see in the audience every now and then.

Glad I got that off of my chest.

What about you guys?  Any shows that bug the hell out of you that you willingly watch or are forced to watch?

Love it or List it on HGTV

my mom LOVES that show and watches it all the time.

it is the cheesiest, most scripted show i have ever watched. if you've never seen it, a realtor and a designer go into someone's house (usually a family), which is either too small, too just....not-functional, or SOMETHING. one person always wants to sell it and move, and the other one always wants to stay, usually for sentimental reasons. they give the realtor a budget for buying a new house (usually too low) and a list of must haves in order for them to leave. they give the designer a budget for renovations (always too low for what they want done) and a list of must haves in order for them to stay.

along the way, every single episode they hate every house until the very last one they're shown by the realtor, and there are ALWAYS some sort of problems (electrical, foundation, having to move support beams, etc) that cut the reno budget in half and they have to give up some of the things that they want done to the current house. the designer is ALWAYS surprised that these problems crop up.

i hate every single person on that show.

My wife was obsessed with Gilmore Girls. I have a legitimate anxiety disorder and the constant babbling was a trigger for panic attacks - I'd get the physical chest pains and all. I was like the kids having seizures due to Pokemon. We eventually agreed that she wouldn't watch it when I was around. 

And don't talk bad about Wendy - she too is an alum of Ocean Twp High School and we Jersey folks stick together. 

I find a majority of it to be insufferable, but I'm commenting because someone in my office also puts Wendy Williams on in the mornings in the break room and it further multiplies my misanthropy very early in the day.

Haha! Sorry, not laughing at your misfortune, just that someone else understands.

it is the cheesiest, most scripted show i have ever watched. if you've never seen it, a realtor and a designer go into someone's house (usually a family), which is either too small, too just....not-functional, or SOMETHING. one person always wants to sell it and move, and the other one always wants to stay, usually for sentimental reasons. they give the realtor a budget for buying a new house (usually too low) and a list of must haves in order for them to leave. they give the designer a budget for renovations (always too low for what they want done) and a list of must haves in order for them to stay.

along the way, every single episode they hate every house until the very last one they're shown by the realtor, and there are ALWAYS some sort of problems (electrical, foundation, having to move support beams, etc) that cut the reno budget in half and they have to give up some of the things that they want done to the current house. the designer is ALWAYS surprised that these problems crop up.

My wife watches this show too. I do hate it as well, but I always chuckle at their Canadian accents for some reason, especially when they're mad.

My wife also watches house hunters. I hate that even more. Only thing is my friend works in reality TV production. He has thankfully ruined House Hunters and Pawn Stars amongst a few others for me so I could ruin for other people.

along the way, every single episode they hate every house until the very last one they're shown by the realtor, and there are ALWAYS some sort of problems (electrical, foundation, having to move support beams, etc) that cut the reno budget in half and they have to give up some of the things that they want done to the current house. the designer is ALWAYS surprised that these problems crop up.

I had to sit through that show once, and yes to everything you just said.

My wife was obsessed with Gilmore Girls. I have a legitimate anxiety disorder and the constant babbling was a trigger for panic attacks - I'd get the physical chest pains and all. I was like the kids having seizures due to Pokemon. We eventually agreed that she wouldn't watch it when I was around. 

I had no idea that could happen.  It's a good thing you two worked that out.  I'm thankful that my girlfriend doesn't watch any shitty shows.  The worst she puts on is travel/dining shows which I don't always prefer, but never mind watching.

My wife watches this show too. I do hate it as well, but I always chuckle at their Canadian accents for some reason, especially when they're mad.

My wife also watches house hunters. I hate that even more. Only thing is my friend works in reality TV production. He has thankfully ruined House Hunters and Pawn Stars amongst a few others for me so I could ruin for other people.

my sister knew a couple who was on either house hunters/property virgins/my first place and said that they had already bought a house before they went on show, and they just pretended to look at all the other ones. i figured some of it was staged but COM'ON GUYYYYYYS.

And don't talk bad about Wendy - she too is an alum of Ocean Twp High School and we Jersey folks stick together. 

i love GG, but i can see where that show could do that to a person.

also, those women had to have an eating disorder. they were constantly eating massive quantities of all sorts of unhealthy crap and never once worked out. YER TEACHING ME BAD THINGS, GILMORE GIRLS.

my sister knew a couple who was on either house hunters/property virgins/my first place and said that they had already bought a house before they went on show, and they just pretended to look at all the other ones. i figured some of it was staged but COM'ON GUYYYYYYS.

I knew it!! When I was with my ex she always watched those shows and I always tried telling her that they had already bought it, she never believed me.  But granted she was pretty damn gullible. 

i was gonna say judge judy too. but specifically her. shes such an old ass bitch, and shes the most unfair person ever. she doesn't even listen after she gets annoyed (which is very easy by the way.) and it makes me mad.

peoples court is tight though

Judge Judy goes to a nursing home.  Now that's a show I'd probably watch.  Hahaha!!

Don't talk smack bout Judge Judy. One of the very few shows that I watch. The only catch with those shows though is that it's binding arbitration and not a real courtroom. Judge Judy and others are actually high priced mediators. Also you get paid for being on the show and if you're the defendant and lose the show will pay your judgment. I know because my Uncle was on people's court back in 2000.

my sister knew a couple who was on either house hunters/property virgins/my first place and said that they had already bought a house before they went on show, and they just pretended to look at all the other ones. i figured some of it was staged but COM'ON GUYYYYYYS.

Probably House Hunters. My friend told me they wait till you move in, producers come and ask what you like and don't like about your new place, and then move all your stuff out for the "viewing." It's such bullshit.

My realtor was on an episode of House Hunters. He told us it is bull shit and that the buyers on the show have already closed on a house. He did tell us that HGTV wants to use him again and that my girlfriend and I would be perfect for the show. They pay 500 bucks for a weekend of filming. So I've considered it.

My realtor was on an episode of House Hunters. He told us it is bull shit and that the buyers on the show have already closed on a house. He did tell us that HGTV wants to use him again and that my girlfriend and I would be perfect for the show. They pay 500 bucks for a weekend of filming. So I've considered it.

Hmmm... $500 for a weekend of filming?  I'd consider that if my GF and I were buying a place.  I wonder what kind of "people" are perfect for the show.  We both have half sleeves/sleeves of tattoos and I doubt we would make the cut.

i love GG, but i can see where that show could do that to a person.

also, those women had to have an eating disorder. they were constantly eating massive quantities of all sorts of unhealthy crap and never once worked out. YER TEACHING ME BAD THINGS, GILMORE GIRLS.

my wife and I call everyone we see on other TV shows by their GG name.  Suki is hilarious in everything she does, Lorali is pretty good in parenthood, rorys boyfriend is in a bunch of shows, Paris is annoying in everything she does

Well I'm sarcastic and I am good at pointing things out I don't like. Maybe that's why we would be perfect. My girlfriend is really attractive too so I'm sure that has something to do with it. 
If I did a show like that, I would probably do something like come to the filming wearing an eye patch. Then Continuously switch which eye it's covering. I've never got into reality or realty shows. So I'd try and make it more interesting. However that would be selfish of me because these are peoples jobs. Usually the things I consider funny are not funny for others. So I probably just wont do it. Also that 500 bucks is taxed like mad. So I'm really not sure how it would be worth it.

Well I'm sarcastic and I am good at pointing things out I don't like. Maybe that's why we would be perfect. My girlfriend is really attractive too so I'm sure that has something to do with it. 

If I did a show like that, I would probably do something like come to the filming wearing an eye patch. Then Continuously switch which eye it's covering. I've never got into reality or realty shows. So I'd try and make it more interesting. However that would be selfish of me because these are peoples jobs. Usually the things I consider funny are not funny for others. So I probably just wont do it. Also that 500 bucks is taxed like mad. So I'm really not sure how it would be worth it.

If you do end up going on the show you should definitely do the eye patch/switching eyes thing.  If you do for some reason let me know, I'll totally watch it and tell my girlfriend that I talked you a few times on VC.  Haha! But seriously if it were me I'd do it.