Moonsorrow 14xLP Box Set - the largest metal box set of all-time

... is coming.  Will be posting one edition per day.

final-MOCKUP-s.jpg

Moonsorrow "Heritage: 1995-2008 - The Collected Works" Box Set -- Die Hard Edition

NOTE: There will only be 100 copies of *this version* available.

Pre-orders begin: May 28th, 2014.
Release date: late August, 2014.

Inside:

• All recorded works by Moonsorrow from their inception in 1995 until the year 2008.
• All works specifically remastered for vinyl by Troy Glessner (Devin Townsend Project).
• Twenty-five pieces of new artwork by Rainbath Visual (Deafheaven, Moss) and Nucleart Design (Impaled Nazarene, Setherial), in addition to the original artwork and photographs for all albums.
• Layouts by Travis Smith (Strapping Young Lad, Katatonia, Opeth).
• 14-LPs - the largest metal box set of all-time, containing nearly 8 hours of music on heavyweight 200-gram audiophile virgin vinyl LPs.
• 21 live, demo, unreleased, and rare bonus tracks.
• The first time nearly all of this material has been pressed on vinyl.
• "Suden Uni" (2001) LP in heavyweight gatefold jacket with heavyweight printed insert.
• "Voimasta Ja Kunniasta" (2001) 2xLP in heavyweight triple gatefold jacket.
• "Kivenkantaja" (2003) 2xLP in heavyweight triple gatefold jacket.
• "Verisäkeet" (2005) 3xLP in heavyweight triple gatefold jacket.
• "V: Hävitetty" (2007) 2xLP in heavyweight triple gatefold jacket.
• "Tulimyrsky" (2008) 2xLP in heavyweight triple gatefold jacket.
• "Demos & Rarities" (1995-1999) 2xLP in heavyweight gatefold jacket.
• "Ravaged Road" (2014) feature length - 45 minute - tour documentary DVD, created by the band specifically for the set.
• "Tulimyrsky" ultra-wide, panoramic poster - 1400mm x 285mm (55 in. x 11 in.) - the widest possible print in the entire country.
• Moonsorrow "Heritage" turntable slipmat.
• Moonsorrow "Heritage" T-shirt. [EXCLUSIVE TO DIE HARD EDITION]
• Thanks list, containing the names of every supporter of the Die Hard edition, autographed by the entire band. [EXCLUSIVE TO DIE HARD EDITION]
• 100% of the records on crystal-clear colored vinyl. [EXCLUSIVE TO DIE HARD EDITION]
• 2-piece, custom-cut, heavyweight box, specially designed and shaped for this set.

Price: 350 EUR + Shipping
[special 375 USD + Shipping for USA/Canada only]

Isn't Kiss the largest metal box set of all time?

seems like harmless trolling and genre clarification is an incredibly stupid argument anyway (as is what is the largest metal box set of all time) but in case your sincere my answer would be: 

Kiss by the standards of today's heavy metal fall more in line with classic rock, just as Black Sabbath and Zeppelin do. Sabbath is still "metal" because they basically fucking created it but that is more a consideration of influence and era than it actually refers to the aesthetics of their sound. And both those bands are way more fucking metal than Kiss. So as far as "heavy metal" as usually understood today this is probably the biggest one. 

obv there's no right answer but that'd be my take on it. A Death box set, on the other hand, I'd call metal. on a personal note though I don't know if I'd even call Kiss "music."*

*i would but not without spitting up a little bit in my mouth

Yes ... the Kiss box appears to be the largest of all-time - if it winds up coming.  But Kiss is rock n' roll.  If we need to extend it by saying "extreme metal," then so be it. :)

... and finally - the Die Soft Edition!  Thanks for letting us run through this whole thing with you guys.  

These go for public sale on May 28th at 5PM Finnish time (should be 7AM Los Angeles, 10AM NYC, 3PM UK, 4PM Germany, 11PM Tokyo, Midnight (29th) Melbourne).

final-MOCKUP-black600.jpg

Price: 275 EUR + Shipping

[special 300 USD + Shipping for USA/Canada only]

I know.  There are still a few copies left of the all but the clear version.  My birthday is tomorrow.  The white or black edition would be pretty sweet.  Not a huge fan of splatter vinyl in general.  The clear set would have been tits to own because of the signed Thanks list but I really just want the vinyl and the DVD.

I'd be curious to know how many of these sold through the preorder thing that Blood Music does for membership holders.

Didn't think the splatter edition would get past the members so I ended up grabbing one of those over black. It'll be a fun wait until August.

Same here. It's a lot of money but everything I've received from Blood Music is exceptional and arrives absolutely mint including my copy of Beyond Creation that just arrived!

• 2 months later...

We have put the following albums for sale in limited numbers outside the box set:

"Kivenkantaja" 2xLP
"Verisäkeet" 3xLP
"V: Hävitetty" 2xLP
"Tulimyrsky" 2xLP

They are currently up for pre-order and will be released alongside the box set in about a month. The box sets are ALMOST sold out, as well!

http://www.blood-music.com/store

• 2 months later...