Best vinyl sleeves?

For albums that have full printed inner sleeve, is it possible to use rounded bottom sleeves and still fit them inside the printed sleeve?

something like this:

http://www.amazon.com/Diskeeper-Round-Bottom-Record-Sleeves/dp/B00B1WQV6S/ref=pd_sim_e_5?ie=UTF8&refRID=0JDAY4KMWT0HVHKEJB8S

I'm not sure if it'd work or be good for the packaging though

I received my order for MoFi inner sleeves and 5.0 outer sleeves from Sleeve City yesterday and I could not be more happy. I've started using this combination on all of my records and have not had any problems. I'm surprised how flexible the 5.0 outer sleeves are. They comfortably house 2xLP gatefold jackets and still fit just as snug on single LP jackets. Very solid products that I will continue to use for the forseeable future.

• 4 months later...

I'm thinking about getting the Sleeve City 2.5 Outer Sleeves because it's 20% off right now. For the people that have them, do they have a seam that makes it hard to read the spine on single LPs?

If you have Amazon Prime you can get a 50 pack of the 2.5mil for about $17 with free 2 day shipping.

If you have Amazon Prime you can get a 50 pack of the 2.5mil for about $17 with free 2 day shipping.

Thanks,  I actually saw that literally 5 minutes after I posted that.  Decided to try the BCW sleeves on Amazon (people on another message board were recommending them).  I figured $13 for a pack of 100, I'll take a chance and if I'm wrong I'm only out $13.

Thanks,  I actually saw that literally 5 minutes after I posted that.  Decided to try the BCW sleeves on Amazon (people on another message board were recommending them).  I figured $13 for a pack of 100, I'll take a chance and if I'm wrong I'm only out $13.

Keep me posted! $13 is a lot of money to me, so I live through the recommendation of others

Keep me posted! $13 is a lot of money to me, so I live through the recommendation of others

SleeveCity will send you free samples.  I checked out their 2.5 and 5.0 sleeves before I bought them and found that the 2.5's were exactly what I was looking for.  

Go to their website and request a few samples to help make your decision.

SleeveCity will send you free samples. I checked out their 2.5 and 5.0 sleeves before I bought them and found that the 2.5's were exactly what I was looking for.

Go to their website and request a few samples to help make your decision.

When I tried to do the free samples from sleeve city they wanted $5 to ship it.

The $13 ones turned out ok. They were crystal clear. My only issue was that each one seemed to be cut slightly different so gatefolds wouldn't fit in all of them. It was a bit of trial and error. I would sleeve all of the gatefolds first and all of the remaining ones would work on singles. They need to be top loaded because they are slippery and if you put them back on the shelf they slide out if they're loaded from the side.

Not to sway you from the wonders of MoFi but SleeveCity makes two versions of inner sleeves that I prefer!

The Ultimate Audiophile inner sleeves are heavy duty and feature double-sided paper lined by that smooth rice paper-ish surface with viewing area in the center so you can read the labels.  Pricey but awesome.  Check em out.

Then their Audiophile inner sleeves are almost exactly like the MoFi sleeves- except 1) the paper backing is thicker, so the sleeve doesn't crumple/fold while you're trying to slip in the LP and B) there isn't that white powder-ish residue that MoFi sleeves have sometimes.  I think these are cheaper than the MoFi's too. They are actually $3 more than MoFi's per 50 pack.  Check em out.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What do you guys use for your 10" inner sleeves? Starting to have quite a few 10" sets and have yet to listen to them until I clean them. I don't want to put them back into the paper sleeves if I can find something similar to mofi ....

Plus I have to order the damn vpi 78 kit so would love to hear what folks are using. My previous 10" records were in mofi 12" sleeves and it looks messy

What do you guys use for your 10" inner sleeves? Starting to have quite a few 10" sets and have yet to listen to them until I clean them. I don't want to put them back into the paper sleeves if I can find something similar to mofi ....

Plus I have to order the damn vpi 78 kit so would love to hear what folks are using. My previous 10" records were in mofi 12" sleeves and it looks messy

I use these, they're very nice http://www.sleevecityusa.com/Diskeeper-2-0-Antistatic-10-Record-Sleeves-p/9215.htm