I am visiting New York the first week of September for a few days, I am from The UK and havent been to NYC for 10 years so a lot will have changed . Any info on Good record stores , Punk bars , Punk shows etc would  really be appreciated. Especially looking for USED / rare punk records. Thanks in advance  SANDY

NYC Catch all thread: http://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/97256-vc-nyc-new-york-city/

couple of threads on this topic already - just search!

Other Music and Rough Trade are my favorites.

I'll give you Other Music but Rough Trade is WAY overpriced. $18 for Dischord releases? No thanks! They do have a cool little venue though.

NYC Catch all thread: http://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/97256-vc-nyc-new-york-city/

I'll give you Other Music but Rough Trade is WAY overpriced. $18 for Dischord releases? No thanks! They do have a cool little venue though.

The stuff I get at both places is pretty much the same price. I've seen a few bucks more at one or the other on a few releases but nothing dramatic.  I listen to a lot of UK-based artists these days, and find Rough Trade has much more of what I'm looking for as far as some of that stuff!

Both have their merits though.  Rough Trade in the summer can't be beat though, as you're one block away from Shmorgasburg. So, grab some food, grab some records, then grab some more food. Then take a walk along the water. Good day.

The stuff I get at both places is pretty much the same price. I've seen a few bucks more at one or the other on a few releases but nothing dramatic.  I listen to a lot of UK-based artists these days, and find Rough Trade has much more of what I'm looking for as far as some of that stuff!

Both have their merits though.  Rough Trade in the summer can't be beat though, as you're one block away from Shmorgasburg. So, grab some food, grab some records, then grab some more food. Then take a walk along the water. Good day.

I actually did mean to add that to my answer haha! I told myself, "he must like the UK imports minus shipping."

Really like kims as well in greenwich village.

Kim's is done or will be done by the time you arrive.

Get the Vinyl District app for all of your record store finding needs. Record Grouch isn't on there but it's definitely worth checking out if you come to Greenpoint where you can hit no less than five new/used record stores.

Cake Shop is the worst venue in NYC.

Go to http://www.ohmyrockness.com for a list of shows that will be happening when you arrive.