The Official Pizza Thread.

What are the best Vegetarian pie toppings?

I usually go just straight Jalapenos or toss on some Veg pepperoni when I make it at home.

I used to go with the extra cheese when I order out, but that get's old fast and now it makes me puke 

Lately, I've been doing fresh basil, fresh garlic, zucchini, red onion, mushrooms, spinach and artichokes.  I was told black olives would be a good addition, so I'll try those next time.  I got kind of tired the tomato, pepper, mushroom, onion combination.  Field Roast is a nice alternative to the veggie pepperoni too.

Lately, I've been doing fresh basil, fresh garlic, zucchini, red onion, mushrooms, spinach and artichokes.  I was told black olives would be a good addition, so I'll try those next time.  I got kind of tired the tomato, pepper, mushroom, onion combination.  Field Roast is a nice alternative to the veggie pepperoni too.

Basil is super good, everything you mentioned sounds really good except the black olives. I hate those things with a burning passion.

Basil is super good, everything you mentioned sounds really good except the black olives. I hate those things with a burning passion.

I used to like them a lot more than I do now, I used to put them on everything and I'm a little tired of them.

Also, I have a really simple pizza sauce recipe I think is really good if anyone wants it.

I'm talking like not an overwhelming amount of just straight up vegetables (dumb thing for a vegetarian to say)

I want consistency of textures but with good variety of flavors.

Potato is another good one.

Artichoke hearts, jalapeno, onion. Or, if you can't handle the heat, green peps instead of jalapeno.

Maybe hit it with some secret aardvark sauce, dip crust in blue cheese. BOOM.

(but yeah, I love potato on pizza. I've mentioned it a couple times in here, but the Buscemi from Pinky's has potato and it's nuts to the butts, dude.)

what's your go-to?

I always have Sriracha and Tapatio in my fridge.  Lately though, I've been using Valentina (not hot, but it has a great flavor) or Scorpion Gourmet Hot Sauce (got a lot of kick and some really good flavor behind it).

I second StarringB's suggestion for Secret Aardvark, that stuff is delicious.

I always have Sriracha and Tapatio in my fridge.  Lately though, I've been using Valentina (not hot, but it has a great flavor) or Scorpion Gourmet Hot Sauce (got a lot of kick and some really good flavor behind it).

I second StarringB's suggestion for Secret Aardvark, that stuff is delicious.

I'm a bit basic, but I always use Frank's red hot.

BUT I'm a man for a good buffalo sauce. Buffalo Wild Wings medium goes on everything since I picked up a bottle last time I went through. It's the best.

I'm a bit basic, but I always use Frank's red hot.

BUT I'm a man for a good buffalo sauce. Buffalo Wild Wings medium goes on everything since I picked up a bottle last time I went through. It's the best.

I'm telling you guys. Secret Aardvark hot sauce is the shit.  It's habanero, but it really isn't toooooo hot and it has just absolutely great flavor. If you get the chance to snag some, do yourself a favor and GET IT.

I'm telling you guys. Secret Aardvark hot sauce is the shit.  It's habanero, but it really isn't toooooo hot and it has just absolutely great flavor. If you get the chance to snag some, do yourself a favor and GET IT.

Amazon sells it for those who aren't in the Pacific NW.  Sent some to my brother for his birthday and he loved it.