The Official Pizza Thread.

Wifey and I make a pizza at home sometimes...its pretty unhealthy, but it's delicious!

It goes a little something like this.

Pizza Crust (duh.)

Alfredo Sauce.

Smoked Mozzarella

Pepperoni

Fresh Jalapeno (diced finely and spread throughout.)

Broccoli

Sometimes Spinach, not always, though.

Delish!

Wifey and I make a pizza at home sometimes...its pretty unhealthy, but it's delicious!

It goes a little something like this.

Pizza Crust (duh.)

Alfredo Sauce.

Smoked Mozzarella

Pepperoni

Fresh Jalapeno (diced finely and spread throughout.)

Broccoli

Sometimes Spinach, not always, though.

Delish!

That is mouth-watering! Please send some to the east coast ;)

Pizza Crust (duh.)

Do you guys make your own dough?  We tried once and it was an absolute disaster.  I dunno if we didn't knead it enough or if we didn't let it proof long enough but it was awful.  Now we just buy the dough pre-made.  

Anyways, my favorite spots for pizza are:

The Pizza Place (Westerly, RI) - clever name I know.  Anyways, I couldn't pinpoint exactly what it is about this place that I like so much, it just does everything well.  Supposedly Conan O'Brien is/was a regular (at least when he is on vacation).  Again with the potato pizza.

Red Rose (Springfield, MA) - this place does the aforementioned "Springfield-style" pizza which I have henceforth decided is a thing now.  

Flatbread Pizza Co. (chain, I go to the one in Bedford, MA) - wood fired, super thing crust awesome pizzas.  Best place near me out in the suburbs anyways.  I like some of their weekly specials too - baked potato (I know, I know), cheeseburger, steak/gorgonzola

I don't really get out for pizza in Boston too much, but I've been to Regina's in the North End a few times and it is awesome.  

Do you guys make your own dough?  We tried once and it was an absolute disaster.  I dunno if we didn't knead it enough or if we didn't let it proof long enough but it was awful.  Now we just buy the dough pre-made.  

Anyways, my favorite spots for pizza are:

The Pizza Place (Westerly, RI) - clever name I know.  Anyways, I couldn't pinpoint exactly what it is about this place that I like so much, it just does everything well.  Supposedly Conan O'Brien is/was a regular (at least when he is on vacation).  Again with the potato pizza.

Red Rose (Springfield, MA) - this place does the aforementioned "Springfield-style" pizza which I have henceforth decided is a thing now.  

Flatbread Pizza Co. (chain, I go to the one in Bedford, MA) - wood fired, super thing crust awesome pizzas.  Best place near me out in the suburbs anyways.  I like some of their weekly specials too - baked potato (I know, I know), cheeseburger, steak/gorgonzola

I don't really get out for pizza in Boston too much, but I've been to Regina's in the North End a few times and it is awesome.  

Nah, we're not that adventurous.  Usually we actually just get whatever is at the store. We used to use Mississippi Pizza's dough, sometimes still do.

Also, I've never understood why Americans make gigantic slabs of pizza. Can anyone fill me in?

I mean, it usually just sits under a heat lamp getting soggy so you have to fold it in half.

The rest of the world just makes single serve pizzas. Usually 6", 9" and 12". It's perfect. I feel you folk have taken away from, not added to pizza making as a whole

ALSO!!! Just last week a mate of mine was being a bit of a dick to Pizza Hut over here, trying to sell them an idea for $5,000. They called him out and said if you make one that works well, we'll give it a shot.

So I made one. Once i'm off work i'll upload pictures of the whole process, it's kind of epic

ALSO!!! Just last week a mate of mine was being a bit of a dick to Pizza Hut over here, trying to sell them an idea for $5,000. They called him out and said if you make one that works well, we'll give it a shot.

So I made one. Once i'm off work i'll upload pictures of the whole process, it's kind of epic

I'm interested to see this.

Also, I've never understood why Americans make gigantic slabs of pizza. Can anyone fill me in?

I mean, it usually just sits under a heat lamp getting soggy so you have to fold it in half.

The rest of the world just makes single serve pizzas. Usually 6", 9" and 12". It's perfect. I feel you folk have taken away from, not added to pizza making as a whole

if you're getting pizza that sits under a heat lamp, you're going to the wrong places.

With as much as I love pizza, I really need to venture into making my own someday.

I'm scared of doing this. :(

Pizza is one of those things that I think is almost impossible to make better at home than a restaurant can just because of the equipment involved in making a great pie. Also dough/crust is super hard to perfect at home.

can we talk about the magic of putting pineapple on pizza?

personal favorite combo is pepperoni, pineapple, and jalapeño

Fuck yes. Just love how the sweetness of the pineapple and spice of the jalapeños blend together.

Also, I'm definitely a thin crust kind of guy. Had pizza in Chicago one time, and didn't like how it was drenched in sauce.