PO: re-presses of Electric Wizard - Let Us Prey and We Live!

After some deliberation I have come to the conclusion that these two are the strongest EW albums. That's not to say that I haven't enjoyed their other albums but these two stand out for sure. Considering I've yet to listen to Time To Die, might change my mind after that. Three tracks into We Live though and the thickness of it is overwhelming. Absolutely amazing album.

Getting into EW's sound has been really slow for me. I remember not quite understanding Dopethrone and figuring why anyone would want vocals to be so muffled and the guitars to be so distorted. Needed to listen to a lot of doom and stoner before I could really ease into it. Mind you, I also started out with Black Masses which in hindsight seems quite accessible and coincidentally seems to be considered a low-point by their die-hard fans.

Did anyone get the Electric Wizard Black Masses Die Hard boxset that Rise Above put up for sale along with these new releases? 

I don't think many folks on here cared enough about Black Masses to pick it up, it's probably their worst release, at least in my opinion, and already owning a copy I definitely don't need another.

That's just me though.

The shipping Rise Above offers is indeed more than a bit over the top. I'm amazed that some of you dudes in the States bought straight from them. That's a lot to dish out to get them over the pond.

Really drooling over both of the mixed solid colours but I'd be paying the same amount of money for shipping it as each of the records is, which I'm sure I'll end up doing anyway. These will undoubtedly look and sound delicious.

Not quite sure what is going on in here. I thought for sure that two of the most limited variants of these would be sold out by now.

I think a lot of people are just ordering through cheaper places, paying around $100 or more to get both albums shipped to me is just too much. I'm going with Amazon whether they're colored or black, because $30 shipped per record is too good. Plus I'm personally over clear records for the moment.

I think a lot of people are just ordering through cheaper places, paying around $100 or more to get both albums shipped to me is just too much. I'm going with Amazon whether they're colored or black, because $30 shipped per record is too good. Plus I'm personally over clear records for the moment.

I'm in this boat as well. Clear is boring and I'm not paying out the ass to get the right color.

But but... that mixed wax !

In all seriousness I actually do understand all of you stateside.

Lately Amazon has been getting colored stuff too though, so I'm still holding out hope that they'll be one of the marbled ones! That's going to make me want to get all the albums I don't have colored versions of on colored vinyl though...soooo... Maybe it's best if it's just black. (I didn't see any black in this new batch though.)

If anyone is interested in getting these from Amazon, you might want to lock into the current price on Amazon (under 30).  Let Us Prey started around that price and is now almost 50 (???).

Man I ordered a red/gold mix of ...Let Us Prey and got a red/black mix (the first LP being simply red). I don't even know how many of these were pressed, it's not even listed on the site. This better be as limited as the red/gold mix.

(Otherwise it sounds amazing, as usual with EW. ...Let Us Prey side two: Master of Alchemy + The Outsider. You can't beat that.)