Fantômas - WUNDERKAMMER Box Set (Black Friday)

archiced

Find this description on a european website :

"Black Friday 2014 release. The brainchild of Mike Patton, this deluxe box set includes the band's four studio albums on five LP's plus a cassette of their original demo recordings. Everything is housed in a full artwork 'barn-style' box!"

If they press anywhere near the amount of the Tomahawk set, I'm not gonna stress out trying to score one on Black Friday. Those Tomahawk sets are still easy to find. But yeah, definitely grabbing one. Thanks for the heads up. 

Too bad it doesn't include a live show though. I love this set:

• 4 weeks later...
Guest deleted

You want vinyl, you really want vinyl. So the guys in Fantômas along with Mackie O have created one of the most insane box sets EVER! WUNDERKAMMER is the name of the box set from Fantômas that comes out on US National Record Store day/Black Friday, Nov 28th 2014. This is literally a cabinet stuffed with each of the Fantômas records on vinyl and as a bonus it will include a cassette copy of the original Fantômas demo that Mike Patton created and recorded by himself of the very first Fantômas record. This was the tape he sent to Trevor, Buzz and Dave to get them onboard. This will be a limited box set and it will not be cheap (around $100 USD).

We know that not all of you will be able to make it to a record store on Nov 28th to secure one of these bad boys, so we will be making very few available via mail-order later in the year. Stay tuned for those details.

Guest deleted

Please keep this thread updated. If anyone gets additional info like vinyl colors, online sale times, etc., post it here.

Is that how this board works?  ;)

Just kidding, I'm eager too.  Just because it's ipecac, i'm guessing that they'll press enough to go around without too much difficulty.

Guest deleted

If this package puts the Tomahawk box to shame (which, from the looks of things, I'm sure it will) I'm gonna be pissed.

Translation: I think I'm pissed.

I might be in on this. Not sure how much it will cost but will more than likely be above $60.

Why would you 'be pissed' if its a nice set?

Also go back 8 posts for cost estimate from Patton's Facebook - $100 approx.

Its not that I'll be pissed if its nice. Its that I'll be pissed if it puts the Tomahawk box to shame (as I stated) because I prefer Tomahawk to Fantomas and that set was pathetically cheaply constructed. The price wasn't bad for what it was but the package was a disappointment. Fantomas is probably more popular (which doesn't make a lot of sense when you think about it) so naturally they'd put more into it but what gets me is the fact that its another box set from Ipecac/Patton and its going to be high quality where the Tomahawk set was all flimsy glorified card-stock and not a single gatefold or insert.