VC's 30 Days of Fright! Film Festival 2 (2015)

Tucker & Dale is a pretty fuckin' genius film. So good.

I must say I was impressed. The title alone made me think it was gonna be like a Bill & Ted type movie, so I was all about it just based on that idea. At first I was a little leary of it's cheese factor, but after a few minutes I was totally loving it. Great suggestion  :D

I can't believe I had never seen The Devil's Rejects before. That was a good choice. Also, love the comedy/horror that is Tucker and Dale vs. Evil. So good. 

Managed to watch Deathgasm yesterday and it was intense. The blood was the most vibrant red that I have ever seen in a movie. lol Just over the top gore and some metal head teenage angst. Not too shabby. 

I must say I was impressed. The title alone made me think it was gonna be like a Bill & Ted type movie, so I was all about it just based on that idea. At first I was a little leary of it's cheese factor, but after a few minutes I was totally loving it. Great suggestion  :D

Last night was probably the 5th time I watched it. I love slasher/horror that turns the genre on its head (Cabin In The Woods). Excellent screenplay. Those Eli's really know how to write a movie.  ;) 

I found myself at a really difficult impasse Saturday. Even though I had seen Devil's Rejects once before, I guess I had not let it sink in how violent it was. Tucker & Dale was silly so the violence was campy, but DR just made me feel uncomfortable when it came to the sexualized parts mixed with the violence, so I couldn't finish it. I think I'm starting to pick up on the severity of certain situations in my adulthood that weren't obvious to me when I was younger. Fantasy doesn't bother me, but situations that mimic totally plausible real life situations now make me cringe...Did I get soft?

I found myself at a really difficult impasse Saturday. Even though I had seen Devil's Rejects once before, I guess I had not let it sink in how violent it was. Tucker & Dale was silly so the violence was campy, but DR just made me feel uncomfortable when it came to the sexualized parts mixed with the violence, so I couldn't finish it. I think I'm starting to pick up on the severity of certain situations in my adulthood that weren't obvious to me when I was younger. Fantasy doesn't bother me, but situations that mimic totally plausible real life situations now make me cringe...Did I get soft?

I don't know if "soft" is the right word. I'm where you are. I honestly can't/don't watch DR anymore. Zombie is a great director, but his focus on unrelenting sadism & female degradation has turned off to the majority of his work. I think the word we are is "resensitized".

I really loved Lords of Salem. So different from everything he's done. & it showed me his wife can actually act.

I don't know if "soft" is the right word. I'm where you are. I honestly can't/don't watch DR anymore. Zombie is a great director, but his focus on unrelenting sadism & female degradation has turned off to the majority of his work. I think the word we are is "resensitized".

I really loved Lords of Salem. So different from everything he's done. & it showed me his wife can actually act.

I was hoping you would put it perspective for me actually Elis after reading your comments about ISOYG. I was thinking almost immediately about how it seemed excessive in the scene with Otis doing what he does to dude's wife in the motel room. My wife noticed I had turned my head and gotten kinda squirmy, so she suggested we turn it off. Resensitized is a good term, I'll stick with that instead.

Last night was probably the 5th time I watched it. I love slasher/horror that turns the genre on its head (Cabin In The Woods). Excellent screenplay. Those Eli's really know how to write a movie. ;)

Can't believe they're making a sequel to Cabin In The Woods. They're gonna wreck it.

Not soft, it's a brutal movie. It's one of my favorites because that could actually happen in real life. That's what makes it scary.

Not soft, it's a brutal movie. It's one of my favorites because that could actually happen in real life. That's what makes it scary.

That's what's so disturbing to me I guess, and living around rednecks that act like Otis I can see that shit happening right in my back yard really. So many country ass inbred crazy fuckers around here just like him lol

I was hoping you would put it perspective for me actually Elis after reading your comments about ISOYG. I was thinking almost immediately about how it seemed excessive in the scene with Otis doing what he does to dude's wife in the motel room. My wife noticed I had turned my head and gotten kinda squirmy, so she suggested we turn it off. Resensitized is a good term, I'll stick with that instead.

Exactly what I was thinking of in regards to DR. That scene is just awful. I saw an interview where Bill Moseley had read the script & thought to himself, "C'mon Rob is all this really necessary? It's too much".

I know they're just movies, but there's some stuff I just don't want in my head. Just speaking for myself :)

I know they're just movies, but there's some stuff I just don't want in my head. Just speaking for myself :)

Me too, and I agree with you. Having had multiple broken bones as a kid I absolutely cannot stand the sound of bones breaking fake or real... it will put me off of my food in a minute

This. I love how real it feels and could totally happen, which makes it crazy. People need to know the real horror, life isn't a Hollywood ending all the time. I will agree though, some stuff can be a little much, but Devils Rejects is just amazing.

Oh and how I loved Lords of Salem.

And if you think Devils Rejects was bad, just wait to his next movie 31.

Glad everyone enjoyed Tuck & Dale so much! One of my all-time favorites! Apparently there will be a sequel at some point, so I'm pretty excited for that.

Also, I'll chime in and say I've loved just about every film Rob Zombie has done. Except for maybe Halloween 2. And even then I've only seen it once. Should probably revisit it since I've gotten the big blu-ray box-set since then.

Gotta say spooky rambo's choice of TCM2 tonight is great. If inmates of an insane asylum made a movie, it would be TCM2. 90% of the characters are (or become) bat-shit crazy. One of my favorites.

First time I saw TCM2 was in the middle of a 12 hour 35mm horror marathon. I'd only seen the first one, which is one of the most brutal and uncomfortable movies ever made. So it was a delightful surprise when TCM2 was batshit insane and fun.

My girlfriend and I were discussing TCM the other day. She thinks it's harder to watch than A Serbian Film.

Gotta say spooky rambo's choice of TCM2 tonight is great. If inmates of an insane asylum made a movie, it would be TCM2. 90% of the characters are (or become) bat-shit crazy. One of my favorites.

Gonna enjoy the wife getting to see this one for the first time tonight as well. Dennis Hopper in a cowboy hat and Leatherface... enough said

My girlfriend and I were discussing TCM the other day. She thinks it's harder to watch than A Serbian Film.

But... How?? Compared to most things these days, the original TCM is pretty tame. I realize the low budget and everything makes it seem super realistic but still. There are maybe 2 or 3 "hard to watch scenes" in it.

I've also seen A Serbiam Film like... 3 or 4 times so something may be wrong with me.