PO - Iron Chic/Low Culture Split 7"

This shit is funny. They are totally test pressings. We ordered 100 tests, taking a gamble that they would sound good. We got them Friday and approved them today...because they do. 

Bingo. Clarification. 

I even take back what I said about the laughing at tradelists. That was a crazy move that I'm glad paid off.

But with that said, I'm stocking up on popcorn for when people try to sell them for "test pressing" prices on Ebay. Mike Dumps can be pretty mean and I'm his biggest cheerleader. 

I've never actually seen one of Mike's reactions.  I'd love to see/hear about any of them.

An out of 100 release should never be called a "test". Just call it a Fest Edition and leave it at that. I'm not at all trying to slam this release. In fact I will be buying it. But calling a pressing of 100 a test press is gimmicky and unnecessary. 

But it IS a test pressing. Absolutely is. You can get as many test pressings as you want. There's no labels and you order extra Test Pressings from the plant, right on the form. Press a record, maybe you'll know for yourself.

It's not approved until you listen to it. I approved it after listening to it. You take a chance ordering extras. If it's rejected, then you get another set.

Been pressing for 10+ years and so far only 2 rejected tests. You shouldn't definitively critique things you aren't 100% sure on.  ;)

But it IS a test pressing. Absolutely is. You can get as many test pressings as you want. There's no labels and you order extra Test Pressings from the plant, right on the form. Press a record, maybe you'll know for yourself.

It's not approved until you listen to it. I approved it after listening to it. You take a chance ordering extras. If it's rejected, then you get another set.

Been pressing for 10+ years and so far only 2 rejected tests. You shouldn't definitively critique things you aren't 100% sure on.  ;)

Bingo. Clarification. 

I even take back what I said about the laughing at tradelists. That was a crazy move that I'm glad paid off.

If they are in fact just the first 100 off the line then that's rad and I'm stoked for everyone who ends up with one. But I'll still lol every time I see a little test press label beside it in their tradelists.

Low Culture also has a split with Needles//Pins on Dirtnap that came out today.

http://green-noise-records.myshopify.com/collections/new-arrivals-past-30-days/products/low-culture-needless-pins-split-clear-vinyl-7

$5 /200 clear

That's a great split as well.  I love every track Low Culture has put out for these.

• 2 months later...

Preorder shipping this weekend into next week! Finally.

Colored vinyl still available from both labels, but grab one now before they're gone if you fancy.

Got it! It's pretty funny getting your own bands' record, a version you've never seen, that you put out, from someone on the internet. Thanks for that!

Happy to oblige!  Now you can check that off your things-to-do-before-I-go-to-Branson list

Both groups killed it as usual with this release.