Relapse Records - 25th Anniversary Re-issue Thread

Le Gogh

I totally agree with you on the Red vs. Blue thing, btw :) (which is why I already owned Red, but just grabbed a Blue)

I don't haaaate splatter, but I definitely like it to be something...different than the usual. The most recent pressing of Windhand - Soma is a good example. That baby is one of the most beautiful splatters I've ever seen. (the other thing that I'm bored with is clear vinyl, especially when it's the "die-hard" option. If I'm going to pay like...an extra $30 for something other than the normal version it better be something incredible, y'know?

The Crypt Trip die-hard recently is a great example of a good die-hard, and another beautiful splatter.

You know, I guess I'm actually just sick of shitty looking splatters :P

I agree with so many of these points.  I'm very tired of clear and white.  Anymore, I'll just get a different color if the option is there.  Don't mind splatter, but it's not exciting to me.

Also, Red over Blue any day for me.  Don't dislike Blue by any means, it's just that Red is so damn good.

I think it just sounds the best. Very quiet, never any surface noise. Plus they always look clean and never show fingerprints. Nothing better than an ultra clear.

I hadn't thought about some of the things you said, that's some good thinking. My copy of Ancient Warlocks on ultra clear iiiiiis pretty badass. I guess as long as it's vinyl and sounds good, I can't really complain about how it looks.

My only pet peeve with color choice is when they use a color that has absolutely nothing to do with the album artwork. I like them to go well together.

That's why, I really like clear. Yes, it's over done and there are cooler options but it's always a tasteful choice if you want something apart from standard black. Looks fine with every album, and ultra clear looks badass. Plus I have noticed they tend to be better on surface noise, so that's a bonus. Sometimes I think it's translucent records in general that are just less prone to surface noise.

• 2 weeks later...

Have any of you guys got your Blue/bone merge yet?  Or even had a shipping notice?

After an email to Relapse Monday, with no reply and a phone call to customer service(voice mail) today, I finally get a 2 word response from my email.  "Shipped: *tracking code*"

So it has taken exactly 2 weeks from order/payment to when the shipping label is created?  You have got to be kidding me? 

On top of me getting absolutely screwed on the shipping cost, I will get my records about a month after ordering!  I am so beyond pissed at Relapse, what a joke, never again will I buy from them directly!

Relapse Records puts out some of my favorite music but the "mail order" sucks my ass...

It is pretty brutal when I can order records from Randale Records in Germany and receive it in less than a week, but ordering from Relapse, in the same continent will take a month?

[/pissy rant #2]

On the plus side I will eventually get my pretty colored Baroness vinyl!

Have any of you guys got your Blue/bone merge yet?  Or even had a shipping notice?

After an email to Relapse Monday, with no reply and a phone call to customer service(voice mail) today, I finally get a 2 word response from my email.  "Shipped: *tracking code*"

So it has taken exactly 2 weeks from order/payment to when the shipping label is created?  You have got to be kidding me? 

On top of me getting absolutely screwed on the shipping cost, I will get my records about a month after ordering!  I am so beyond pissed at Relapse, what a joke, never again will I buy from them directly!

Relapse Records puts out some of my favorite music but the "mail order" sucks my ass...

It is pretty brutal when I can order records from Randale Records in Germany and receive it in less than a week, but ordering from Relapse, in the same continent will take a month?

[/pissy rant #2]

On the plus side I will eventually get my pretty colored Baroness vinyl!

I emailed them last week and they said something about processing my order and it would ship soon. I donno. In my notes of "what's coming in" I have:

Baroness - Blue (Someday, whatever.)

I emailed them last week and they said something about processing my order and it would ship soon. I donno. In my notes of "what's coming in" I have:

Baroness - Blue (Someday, whatever.)

So it's not just me, My Order status still says "Processing".  Hopefully by the end of the day it changes to "Shipped" and then they will get a not so nice email from me :) and will not have any mail order business from me again.  Too bad because I am loving those sweet "mail order only" variants.

So it's not just me, My Order status still says "Processing".  Hopefully by the end of the day it changes to "Shipped" and then they will get a not so nice email from me :) and will not have any mail order business from me again.  Too bad because I am loving those sweet "mail order only" variants.

Ah, they're just one of those companies you have to keep in mind that they take forever to ship and send them a couple emails. It isn't great customer services, but when I get 3 double LPs for $30 I don't mind waiting a while for them.

This has been covered a bunch by other posts. Relapse used to be on the ball on updating. Now they arent. It just is how it goes. They wont update your order status so dont hold your breath. You wont get a tracking number unless you e mail them a bunch of times and even then it is a toss up. Like the nacho man randy taylor says it takes awhile to ship at times but you are getting records for a great price. Unless they are a gift for the holidays for someone else they will show up in due time and you will be jamming and forget all about it.

This has been covered a bunch by other posts. Relapse used to be on the ball on updating. Now they arent. It just is how it goes. They wont update your order status so dont hold your breath. You wont get a tracking number unless you e mail them a bunch of times and even then it is a toss up. Like the nacho man randy taylor says it takes awhile to ship at times but you are getting records for a great price. Unless they are a gift for the holidays for someone else they will show up in due time and you will be jamming and forget all about it.

This.

Still waiting for my Baroness - Blue Record, but tbh it's coming to UK and it's Christmas. It'll turn up when it does. If I haven't got it by mid January I'll start asking questions, but I'm sure it'll arrive.

2 weeks isn't that long. At least to me. I guess I'm just used to the "old days" of mail order. 

I will say that I ship stuff out right away when it comes to sales, trades etc etc. Oh well, I just don't see a few weeks of waiting to be that big of a deal when I'm ordering online.

2 weeks isn't that long. At least to me. I guess I'm just used to the "old days" of mail order. 

I will say that I ship stuff out right away when it comes to sales, trades etc etc. Oh well, I just don't see a few weeks of waiting to be that big of a deal when I'm ordering online.

Yeah. If it gets to be 3-4 weeks from a label/band I email them with a polite reminder just asking if it has shipped yet and they're usually quick to respond and let me know what's up.

I ordered a shirt from The Well, and after about a month emailed them. They had been busy/sold all their shirts and forgot to pull my size and offered me a lot of options of how to take care of it. I just waited it out and they'll be sending me a similar shirt (long sleeve raglan rather than short) next week when their new order arrives.

Sometimes it takes a little nudge, but most of the time labels and bands are pretty cool and try their best to get stuff to you.

Yeah they arent doing it out of spite. It is either they are swamped or forgot.

I don't get why people act like this is ok. Paying money to someone to "forget" to send you something is inexcusable. Using the "swamped" card is also total BS. I work for a smallish company and I'm sure if we told a vendor that we were swamped and couldn't get their order out for 3 weeks they wouldn't carry our line any more. Same goes for forgetting. If I forgot to put in an order and ship it, that same vendor would be less than happy. It's not rocket science to box up and ship things, especially records, shirts, etc. Relapse mail order is a total joke these days, but sadly they have good bands. Defending shitty service is ludicrous.

I don't get why people act like this is ok. Paying money to someone to "forget" to send you something is inexcusable. Using the "swamped" card is also total BS. I work for a smallish company and I'm sure if we told a vendor that we were swamped and couldn't get their order out for 3 weeks they wouldn't carry our line any more. Same goes for forgetting. If I forgot to put in an order and ship it, that same vendor would be less than happy. It's not rocket science to box up and ship things, especially records, shirts, etc. Relapse mail order is a total joke these days, but sadly they have good bands. Defending shitty service is ludicrous.

I don't know that anyone is defending them...no one has said it's ok what they're doing. I just knew what I was getting in for and don't let it bother me, because if I let shit like that bother me I'd have a heart attack in about 5 seconds. People suck, businesses suck, it's life.

It's only truth that they're not doing it out of spite.

I don't know that anyone is defending them...no one has said it's ok what they're doing. I just knew what I was getting in for and don't let it bother me, because if I let shit like that bother me I'd have a heart attack in about 5 seconds. People suck, businesses suck, it's life.

It's only truth that they're not doing it out of spite.

Yeah my comment wasnt meant to defend it, more so talk about the two main reasons for them having delayed shipping. Any interaction i have had with them has been pleasant and not an FU mentality. I have dealt with labels or distros before where i had a question or something was wrong and they had an attitude and got shitty which is not okay. Unfortunately relapse has become one that may take more time than less for shipping. Though id say 95% of my orders in the past 5 years there have been pretty smooth so in the end they are delivering a quality product in sometimes less than fast fashion.

Yeah my comment wasnt meant to defend it, more so talk about the two main reasons for them having delayed shipping. Any interaction i have had with them has been pleasant and not an FU mentality. I have dealt with labels or distros before where i had a question or something was wrong and they had an attitude and got shitty which is not okay. Unfortunately relapse has become one that may take more time than less for shipping. Though id say 95% of my orders in the past 5 years there have been pretty smooth so in the end they are delivering a quality product in sometimes less than fast fashion.

Word. That's ok. I do think they need to kind of get their shit together as far as timeframe, but yes, they've been nothing but polite with me.

I'll continue ordering from them, I'm more likely to keep ordering from them than other places that have been rude to me/ship more quickly but packed poorly.

• 2 weeks later...

As long as I get my shit I'll be happy.

I just don't think the timeline or the customer service from them is acceptable. I know that if, big if, I ever order from them again I will know the process.

Sorry to derail this thread of awesome colors and releases, carry on!

Out of interest, just wondering if your Baroness Blue Record turned up? I got home today to a card from Royal Mail saying that they tried to deliver an "international item" but that no one was home for it. It's my copy of the album (as I haven't ordered anything else international).

Will pick it up tomorrow morning.

Out of interest, just wondering if your Baroness Blue Record turned up? I got home today to a card from Royal Mail saying that they tried to deliver an "international item" but that no one was home for it. It's my copy of the album (as I haven't ordered anything else international).

Will pick it up tomorrow morning.

I got mine last week, looks good, but I haven't had time to spin it yet.

I got mine last week, looks good, but I haven't had time to spin it yet.

Sounds pretty good, some surface noise, but I haven't given it a wet clean yet.

I'm stoked to have it and I'm a sucker for when the vinyl matches the artwork. Mine came out looking sweet.