Relapse Records - 25th Anniversary Re-issue Thread

Le Gogh

Hope so! I almost hope they do a re-issue box set, although I'm not sure my wallet would take the strain...

Yeh, that would be crazy expensive! I'm happy with the first two albums, although I'm kinda kicking myself I didn't pick the Leprosy deluxe. Fool!

I wouldn't mind seeing Scream Bloody Gore as a deluxe set, good call.

I'm hella keen for it. Plus, think of all the merch that'll be available when it does get released, considering what Relapse has done recently. Gonna. Be. Damn. Broke.

Looks like Lord Dying are the first to get the silver vinyl treatment. 250 of them. Seems a bit odd as there's another variant (which is nicer IMO) that there's less of:

http://www.relapse.com/lord-dying-poisoned-altars/

The better news is that there's a good old sale coming this weekend! 20% off...

Baroness Blue Record is now available on blue/bone merge, just placed my order along with the pink/bone merge of the Red Album! 

It's a good thing Baroness is one of my favorite bands because I am getting hurt in the ass for shipping to Canada.  But I guess it is worth if for fancy colors that are only available from the mail order. 

PS, this is my first post, been lurking a while!

Baroness Blue Record is now available on blue/bone merge, just placed my order along with the pink/bone merge of the Red Album!

It's a good thing Baroness is one of my favorite bands because I am getting hurt in the ass for shipping to Canada. But I guess it is worth if for fancy colors that are only available from the mail order.

PS, this is my first post, been lurking a while!

Oh god! Time to get the wallet out... Why do they do this to us so close to Christmas!!??

Good first post btw ;-)

So we can buy ourselves Christmas presents! 

That Lord Dying looks sweet on the blue/silver merge, but there is no way in hell I am paying basically double to get it here to Canada or any standard black editions. 

Relapse can only have my ass for Baroness fancy colors, it's is hard to sit to type this, after $ exchange, outrageous shipping and %20 off I am still paying roughly $37.50 per record.  Hopefully I don't get hit with any duty charges on top of that.

/Rant

That Lord Dying looks sweet on the blue/silver merge, but there is no way in hell I am paying basically double to get it here to Canada or any standard black editions. 

Relapse can only have my ass for Baroness fancy colors, it's is hard to sit to type this, after $ exchange, outrageous shipping and %20 off I am still paying roughly $37.50 per record.  Hopefully I don't get hit with any duty charges on top of that.

/Rant

20% off, you say?

20% off, you say?

Yessir, through tomorrow. Then it drops to 15% I believe.

Everyone into any sort of doom should grab the new Usnea. Criminally underrated. Basically sounds like Neurosis, Thou and Pallbearer making sweet love. Little bit of funeral doom in the mix ala Shape of Despair/Evoken as well.

http://www.relapse.com/random-cosmic-violence-lp-merge.html

Yessir, through tomorrow. Then it drops to 15% I believe.

Everyone into any sort of doom should grab the new Usnea. Criminally underrated. Basically sounds like Neurosis, Thou and Pallbearer making sweet love. Little bit of funeral doom in the mix ala Shape of Despair/Evoken as well.

http://www.relapse.com/random-cosmic-violence-lp-merge.html

Excellent, thanks! Here comes another order, Relapse!

That Lord Dying on the blue/silver looks great! Can't pass up the straight silver for $12.99 though!

Relapse can only have my ass for Baroness fancy colors, it's is hard to sit to type this, after $ exchange, outrageous shipping and %20 off I am still paying roughly $37.50 per record. Hopefully I don't get hit with any duty charges on top of that.

/Rant

That's crazy man, how can shipping to Canada be so much!? Although I'm in the UK and with shipping it's just over $43! I'm the same, only buy through Relapse for a few choice bands, Baroness, Mastodon, and a couple of others.

Recently discovered that here in the UK if the item is over $25 before shipping, I'll be charged import taxes (plus an £8 handling fee!!). Shipping costs don't seem to be factored in as far as I can tell...

That's crazy man, how can shipping to Canada be so much!? Although I'm in the UK and with shipping it's just over $43! I'm the same, only buy through Relapse for a few choice bands, Baroness, Mastodon, and a couple of others.

Recently discovered that here in the UK if the item is over $25 before shipping, I'll be charged import taxes (plus an £8 handling fee!!). Shipping costs don't seem to be factored in as far as I can tell...

I have no idea, some US company's just love to hurt their friendly northern neighbors, well most actually.  The shipping from other record companies in the US charge quite a lot for shipping, but this is the worst I have seen.  But as of yet I haven't been changed duty, hoping it is the same for this order.

Even for Mastodon I won't go through Relapse, I'll just stick with the regular black editions for them that I can get through some online dealers in Canada (there are not any record stores within 3hrs drive from my town)

Anyways, Happy Colored Baroness Record Day!

I already ordered the red album on black Friday when the 20% off started. I'll see how much money I have left after vacation, these should be around for awhile.

I donno...I mean, yeah there have been a bunch of re-presses of this album, but the blue/bone is only out of 500 if that's the one you want.

I donno...I mean, yeah there have been a bunch of re-presses of this album, but the blue/bone is only out of 500 if that's the one you want.

Yea of course thats the one I want lol, but the /500 merge of the red album has been up for quite awhile now.

I just gotta say, relapse needs to get more creative. I think 90% of the records I own from them are the two color merge variants.

Yea of course thats the one I want lol, but the /500 merge of the red album has been up for quite awhile now.

I just gotta say, relapse needs to get more creative. I think 90% of the records I own from them are the two color merge variants.

Yeah, I like merges though, I've gotten so sick of splatter lately. I would like to see some other stuff coming out though!

I can see where you're coming from, I'd say Blue is more popular than Red though, I just don't want you to sleep to long on it and miss out :P

You could definitely be right though, Red has been up for a bit, so who knows!

Yeah, I like merges though, I've gotten so sick of splatter lately. I would like to see some other stuff coming out though!

I can see where you're coming from, I'd say Blue is more popular than Red though, I just don't want you to sleep to long on it and miss out :P

You could definitely be right though, Red has been up for a bit, so who knows!

I actually think I like the red album more than the blue album. Just more consistent I think, the blue album has some weak spots but it's still great overall.

I never get sick of splatter haha, mostly because I barely own any. I always seem to miss a splatter variant of an album I want or the most limited version is not a splatter so I end up getting something else. My favorite variant of the blue album is that coke bottle splatter, looks so awesome.

I actually think I like the red album more than the blue album. Just more consistent I think, the blue album has some weak spots but it's still great overall.

I never get sick of splatter haha, mostly because I barely own any. I always seem to miss a splatter variant of an album I want or the most limited version is not a splatter so I end up getting something else. My favorite variant of the blue album is that coke bottle splatter, looks so awesome.

I totally agree with you on the Red vs. Blue thing, btw :) (which is why I already owned Red, but just grabbed a Blue)

I don't haaaate splatter, but I definitely like it to be something...different than the usual. The most recent pressing of Windhand - Soma is a good example. That baby is one of the most beautiful splatters I've ever seen. (the other thing that I'm bored with is clear vinyl, especially when it's the "die-hard" option. If I'm going to pay like...an extra $30 for something other than the normal version it better be something incredible, y'know?

The Crypt Trip die-hard recently is a great example of a good die-hard, and another beautiful splatter.

You know, I guess I'm actually just sick of shitty looking splatters :P