The Original Cassette Collective Thread

So I'm for sure starting a tape label (plans to move 2 wax one day), genres include emo/indie/industrial/punk stuff so hit me up with demos or something soon! Keep an eye out! Plans are to have a duplicator and bath of blank tapes by summer!

You like good music from what I've seen so when my friend and I stop dicking around and record our EP I'll send it your way.

I got a mini cassette recorder from Good Will for $8. I'm working on doing live tape recordings. I tried it out for the first time last night with some pretty cool bands. For the most part is sounds pretty solid. Vocals are harder to hear which was expected. But I'm hoping to get it all figured out and try to do a legit release. I still need to find a duplicator n stuff :(

Ended up trying to record to my laptop from the player. For the most part, it sounds the same as if it were playing straight from the cassette. Took a bit to get the sound level & positioning of the player right but that's about it. Afterwards I split the full recording into the different songs. Here's two of the three that I did. Album covers are temporary until I can get actual photos from the show.

EDIT: I recorded it to my laptop so I could send it to the bands. They were really excited to hear how it sounded.

tumblr_n4cwmoVFpN1qdg3dgo1_250.jpgtumblr_n4cwmoVFpN1qdg3dgo2_250.jpg

Surprised I've never posted this on here, BUT

My friends put out a tape on Broken World Media (Derrick from TWIABP's label) a few months ago. You guys should all buy it!

http://brokenworldmedia.bigcartel.com/product/soda-bomb-the-future-is-gonna-suck-cs

Plus they have a new album coming out very soon, and it's gonna rule

it looks expensive but it at 12 cassettes and considering the effort care and final product of this label's releases, it is less than $9 a tape.

Letter pressed covers are not cheap and are time consuming.

Yeah, the cost per cassette isn't terrible.  It's mainly plopping down the cost all at once.  The description gave me the impression that they'll be sold individually too, but I could have been reading that wrong.

Yeah, the cost per cassette isn't terrible. It's mainly plopping down the cost all at once. The description gave me the impression that they'll be sold individually too, but I could have been reading that wrong.

I am pretty sure he will be... that preorder only has 15 available.

I get the steep price tag though. It is a lot at once.