The Original Cassette Collective Thread

Would anyone be interested in a copy of any of the following live sets? These are the first two shows I've tried doing the live recordings of so it's a little rough. Not too bad though. In the upcoming months I'm hoping to record more bands and put out an official release. 

Side note: if anyone knows of some cools bands in the Baltimore area that'll be down to do an acoustic set or let me record their show, hit me up. I've messaged a few bigger bands that are coming around here. Just waiting on a response. Woo.

Live at Charm City Art Space:

• Dowsing
  • Donovan Wolfington
  • Makeshift Shelters

Live at Point of Rocks:

• Call Me A Dreamer
  • Random Holiday
  • Threads
  • Times New Roman
  • Distances

Would anyone be interested in a copy of any of the following live sets? These are the first two shows I've tried doing the live recordings of so it's a little rough. Not too bad though. In the upcoming months I'm hoping to record more bands and put out an official release. 

Side note: if anyone knows of some cools bands in the Baltimore area that'll be down to do an acoustic set or let me record their show, hit me up. I've messaged a few bigger bands that are coming around here. Just waiting on a response. Woo.

Live at Charm City Art Space:

• Dowsing
  • Donovan Wolfington
  • Makeshift Shelters

Live at Point of Rocks:

• Call Me A Dreamer
  • Random Holiday
  • Threads
  • Times New Roman
  • Distances

How does that Donovan tape sound? That was one of your first recordings wasn't it?

How does that Donovan tape sound? That was one of your first recordings wasn't it?

I'm a little bummed that the vocals didn't pick up that well. Though, the band itself doesn't sound too bad. Not too loud I had sat the recorder on the merch table behind the crowd as compared to holding it in the crowd like I did for Makeshift Shelters. Overall, it could be MUCH better but oh wells.  And yeah, it was the first show I had tried doing it for.

EDIT: I'm hoping that if I can find a mic, it'll be easier to pick up the quieter sounds and vocals better. 

It will probably work best for quieter stuff obviously, you should just post what shows are coming to town that you'll probably hit up and guage interest that way.

I agree. Though the recordings I did of Random Holiday & Distances turned out a lot better as far as vocals go. Which could really be how the speakers were set up. The first place has the vocals come out of the speakers attached to the ceiling. The second place had the speakers on stands on either side of the band.

Here are the three shows I will (hopefully) be attending:

5/31 Little Big League w/ Makeshift Shelters & Centerfield & Lilac Daze

6/6 Infinity Crush w/ Fun Home & Wishlist

6/17 Modern Baseball w/ Tiny Moving Parts & The Hotelier & Sorority Noise

Never Young - Master Copy is up.

Members of Calculator. 

Great noisey muted punk

Order here on cassette or cassette album + zine:

http://fatherdaughterrecords.bigcartel.com/product/never-young-master-copy

Listen here:

http://neveryoung.bandcamp.com/

Sounds fantastic, bought instantly, but any idea if there's a place for download?

This bandcamp/distro download situation has to be made better. Often I cannot find digital downloads of things I've purchased. If it's tape-only and no digital. fine, but that's extremely rare nowadays. I bought the tape, you have a bandcamp, gimme a download! Shit.

Sounds fantastic, bought instantly, but any idea if there's a place for download?

This bandcamp/distro download situation has to be made better. Often I cannot find digital downloads of things I've purchased. If it's tape-only and no digital. fine, but that's extremely rare nowadays. I bought the tape, you have a bandcamp, gimme a download! Shit.

Google: "never young blogspot". I don't pay for digital music, never have. if its something I like il buy a physical copy

Ugh. Realized American Radass (this is important) is on tape and I'll probably never own it. Fingers crossed for another set to be made.

I know this is from way back, but I'm just catching up with this thread after not reading it for a few weeks. Anyways, probably never going to happen. At least not on Broken World, they're no longer working with Dads.

To the dude recording bands live shows, that's awesome. I really want to hear that Hotelier set you've got coming up. Especially since I doubt I'll be able to make their show here. Which is fucked because it's the first show in this city I've wanted to go to in over 3 years.

I'm hoping I'll be able to record the Modern Baseball / The Hotelier. I messaged MB on Facebook asking if they'd be okay with it (before I show up and get yelled at for doing it) but they didn't reply. I might try messaging The Hotelier about it.

Never been to Metro Gallery so I don't know their policy on cameras/recorders.

Didn't see anyone post this so I will. Bridge Nine is putting up pre orders for both Expire records "Pendulum Swings" and "Pretty Low" on cassette up on their website. 3 colors, rarest will go to those who order first.

http://www.b9store.com/details.php?ID=3707

Wish they kind of stated what the quantities were and which ones had already sold out <_< , but i made sure to pre order the day they announced em-