The Original Cassette Collective Thread

Didn't even know that Eagle Twin tape existed!  Going to have to order it in the next few days.

It just came out a couple weeks ago. It's awesome. I bought it at a show, but it's available here too:

http://beliefmowercult.bigcartel.com/product/bm015-eagle-twin-live-in-atlantis

Not to be that guy, but could anyone post a link to having a proper home setup? Overheard someone the other day mention that tapes can sound really good with one. 

I AUX out of a shitty 10$ radio w/cassette player into my audioengine 2's, most of my tapes are not pro dubbed but the ones that are play probably a tad bit of a notch under CD quality

Are there any sort of 'popular' models? Like a Technics 1200 would be for a turntable. 

I have a Nakamichi that I love (and I think sounds very good).  I read through this guide and it gave me a better idea of what to look for.

https://www.cs.cmu.edu/~./gdead/taping-guide/part1.html

Does anyone have an old, working, portable cassette player they want to let go for cheap? I only have a few cassettes, so not looking for anything fancy for my set-up.

As someone posted before, a good place to start would be buying the player + 3 random cassettes from Broken World Media. Not a bad deal.

I seem to have over looked that post, I'll look into it. Thanks.

Edit: out of stock :(

I seem to have over looked that post, I'll look into it. Thanks.

Edit: out of stock :(

They come and go. Derrick usually posts when he puts more up. Just check back every so often (unless you find something else in the mean time).

I use a Realistic Cassette Tape Recorder that works pretty well for me. It's a little bigger than I would like, but gets the job done. I got it from Goodwill last year and it's lasted going to shows. The battery part doesn't work anymore tho so it has to be plugged into the way to play it :(