ISIS “Oceanic” re-mastered repress, and Crazy Holiday Sale

does anyone know if a vinyl pressing for the Panopticon remaster is in the works? or a repress of wavering radiant?

Aaron Harris wrote on FB that Panopticon RM vinyl was backed up, but spoke as a When, not If.  I doubt he would respond to me if asked.

Haven't heard anything about WR.

re: Oceanic, I play the Clear RP, bought the /200 Green mainly for lust, but I do want to listen.

I immediatetly took the cardboard inners out but haven't cleaned the LPs yet -- but they will go into Disckeeper rounded bottoms, like all my others, and I will report back if any trouble getting the inner sleeves back in the jacket.  It is a heavyweight chunk of paper product no doubt.   I like heft, though  ;)

did anyone manage to get the sleeves back in the jacket without fucking up one of the corners (of the sleeves)? unfortunately, i did not.

I did the first time but not when I listened to it again yesterday. I wanted to listen again today but I didn't want to go through the frustration of getting them back in. Maybe another day.

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got a chance to clean and play this RM yesterday, compared to the only other copy I've listened to (5th press, Clear).

One disc was clean; the other disc gritty -- like the haze versions. I have no clue as to why.  Without a RCM, I use a tedious way to get the grit off their before a traditional cleaning and brush.

No surface noise, everything sounds great, and to me the vocals were more background, but no instrument was 'in your face' etc. Well balanced and glad I got it.

If you open the gatefold to 180 degrees and put the inner sleeves in with the opening facing out, mine would go in about 95% without too much difficulty. But the last 5% wasn't worth it so they just stay outside with the discs in disckeepers.