NYVES - New Project by Ryan Clark (FFO: NIN/Depeche Mode)

• 5 months later...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Shipping confirmation!!! Now the waiting game...

tumblr_m8x56vD3Tm1qfxpwwo1_r1_400.gif

Same here.

Update:

• Clear with Black Haze (150) - SOLD OUT

• White/Silver Half and Half (250)

• Clear with Silver, White, and Black Splatter (100) - SOLD OUT

• Black/Silver Quad-Split (200)

• Clear with Black Stripe with White and Silver Splatter (100)

• Silver in Clear (Color In Color) with White Splatter (200)

I'm surprised haze sold out. I'm always scared of surface noise with hazes.

Same here.

Update:

• Clear with Black Haze (150) - SOLD OUT

• White/Silver Half and Half (250)

• Clear with Silver, White, and Black Splatter (100) - SOLD OUT

• Black/Silver Quad-Split (200)

• Clear with Black Stripe with White and Silver Splatter (100)

• Silver in Clear (Color In Color) with White Splatter (200)

I'm surprised haze sold out. I'm always scared of surface noise with hazes.

So I got mine in the mail last night... Wow, so disappointed , came in a mailer with no bubble wrap/cardboard etc. Was beat to hell! I emailed them. Hoping to get a reply. 

I think Haze sold out first because it was the only vinyl option for the Kick starter, outside of buying all 4 variants...

So I got mine in the mail last night... Wow, so disappointed , came in a mailer with no bubble wrap/cardboard etc. Was beat to hell! I emailed them. Hoping to get a reply. 

I think Haze sold out first because it was the only vinyl option for the Kick starter, outside of buying all 4 variants...

Uh oh. I'm scared for mine now.

And Haze was the "main" option on the Kickstater. Half & Half was next (in a bigger bundle) followed by the Splatter one (which was with ALL the vinyl).

I received my clear with black haze KS package yesterday, as well. Luckily, the record arrived in stellar condition despite the lack of packaging protection as mentioned earlier.

As far as the sound, I think the record sounds great, but I will say that I hate pretty much any record that Pirates Press does. This one had the nice sandpaper sound as I pulled it out of the sleeve. I cleaned it lightly with a microfiber cloth and then used an In The Groove rolling cleaner on it. Still had some nice pops and clicks, so it's definitely going to need a wet clean/vacuum. Did I say how much I hated haze variants? At least from PP...

I got one of my two in today. The mailer is super thin, and I'm worried, even more so after reading this. And I bet they'll replace it no questions asked. I've dealt with a few times, and they've always been helpful and understanding.

I'll let you know how mine is when I open it later. I bought it for my lady so I'm waiting for her to get home to open it. My other copy should be in tomorrow (only shipping one state away).

And that makes sense. Good call.

I received my clear with black haze KS package yesterday, as well. Luckily, the record arrived in stellar condition despite the lack of packaging protection as mentioned earlier.

As far as the sound, I think the record sounds great, but I will say that I hate pretty much any record that Pirates Press does. This one had the nice sandpaper sound as I pulled it out of the sleeve. I cleaned it lightly with a microfiber cloth and then used an In The Groove rolling cleaner on it. Still had some nice pops and clicks, so it's definitely going to need a wet clean/vacuum. Did I say how much I hated haze variants? At least from PP...

I always stay away from haze due to high risk of grit. It's just not worth the risk. All my haze variants sounds like garbage. That's why I sold my Jakob Sines haze copy. : /

my haze is the same. i was a bit disappointed as well. more disappointing is how i received it. someone else's package was shoved inside my mailer. doesnt look like the vinyl is warped or damaged. but now i have to make an extra trip to the post office and this person is probably wondering why there has been no tracking updates since their pkg left seattle. (don't mind the kitty hair mess)

received_10153446211606212.jpeg

Mixed feelings on the music. The "singles" are the best (imo). Everything else was meh. Not really a huge fan of electronic music anyways but I do love Ryan Clark's voice.

Also, "smoke" and "haze" vinyl look different. "Haze" is just a cloud area around the center label, "smoke" is strands mixed in throughout.